Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   TEAMS (/forums/showthread.php?t=403158)

DRAGONBAIT 05-18-2022 10:55 AM

TEAMS

Come on, close this museum already and give us a new teams or wathever server

Tradesonred 05-18-2022 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Indiana Jones approves this post

Gustoo 05-18-2022 04:26 PM

+1 for whatever server

Duvain 05-18-2022 05:46 PM

Hopefully one day in the next 5 years we'll get some news.

Tradesonred 05-18-2022 06:01 PM

id post a long winded post about how a teams ruleset must be babysat before launch or else it will turn into a disaster where as FFA just works right off the bat with no frills but im tired of not knowing if devs read any of the feedback so i wont.

Like how easy it is to run an invicible spy to get a lookout on a zone before attempting to attack it. Loads of little details like that, that i doubt the dev team (bless their hearts) will spend much time on, which makes FFA the effortless prime choice. But ill play a teams server till the lols run out though

DRAGONBAIT 05-19-2022 01:04 AM

What about the lvl range? No lvl range for pvp in raid zones¿? Keep the discusion polite plz, attack others only based on their opinions of a pvp server ruleset, never for not knowing everquest, thanks in advance skizos

Jibartik 05-19-2022 01:29 AM

It belongs in a bluesium.

Gustoo 05-19-2022 02:06 AM

I don't think you can do anything to counter spies. I think you gotta assume some guy is spending time as a level 1 dwarf scouting out all of faydwer continent for raids.

You have to counteract this kinda stuff with legit counter intelligence techniques that are used by organizations all over the world. Compartmentalize shit, know who should know what and when leaks are happening. Because you would organize a murder force for when enemy team tries to raid unrest for some bloodstained mantles and mistmoor for some shields.

So whether or not they have a dwarf scout or not isn't going to be mission critical. Real organized actions take place from guild chat not from the generic West team vs East team chat.

Jibartik 05-19-2022 03:14 AM

I love when people start accusing each other of being spies in a red guild voip.

Tradesonred 05-19-2022 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3460503)
I don't think you can do anything to counter spies. I think you gotta assume some guy is spending time as a level 1 dwarf scouting out all of faydwer continent for raids.

You have to counteract this kinda stuff with legit counter intelligence techniques that are used by organizations all over the world. Compartmentalize shit, know who should know what and when leaks are happening. Because you would organize a murder force for when enemy team tries to raid unrest for some bloodstained mantles and mistmoor for some shields.

So whether or not they have a dwarf scout or not isn't going to be mission critical. Real organized actions take place from guild chat not from the generic West team vs East team chat.

It was just something off the top of my head. Like, to be able to constantly have eyes on a force without being able to kill said eyes.

More crucially, things like what do you do if one of the faction has 2 strong guilds like seal team on green, the other 2 factions get discouraged and start losing numbers, and it just spirals downward like that. At least in FFA teams can get shuffled, you dont feel like youve wasted time on your char because of that, might hop on the pve zerg train to experience zones, etc... on teams its all locked in.

Again ill play teams if thats what is chosen, but i have a feeling its gonna go down the drain fast unless alot of time is spent thinking how to make it work. It would be all kinds of sad really to waste the last chance we get at a populated, working from the start red server on a throwaway, not thought through teams server that starts bleeding players heavily from day 1. We already played in that movie in 2011-2013.