Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Should the auction channel be server-wide? (/forums/showthread.php?t=342814)

snyder43 11-29-2019 03:50 PM

Should the auction channel be server-wide?

Given the low population of Blue and the lack of people in EC, should the auction channel be changed to server-wide?

ScottBerta 11-29-2019 07:52 PM

It would make selling things easier as not having to waste time in EC but will get annoying to continually see the items over and over again while playing. Plus, people will be auctioning anything they have for sale now so theoretically you could have over 400 people now auctioning and that would be insane. I feel that is what forums (trading hub) is for.

Torik 11-29-2019 11:44 PM

The /occ channel on Red was (is?) server-wide, and with a population of 200-300, it seemed like half the people used it as a global /auc channel. The auctions were not bad, for the most part, but the /occ trolls were annoying. That being said, /ignore works wonders, and with the GM presence on Blue, I think they would squash any hardcore trolling pretty quickly in global chat.

Baler 11-30-2019 08:14 AM

NO

What happens in EC stays in EC.

also inb4 someone starts spamming bad words in global chat.

Traak 11-30-2019 10:34 AM

why is the beta server still up?

Lhord99 11-30-2019 11:15 AM

It sounds like a nightmare, but it’ll die down. Put auction in another chat window. People who are in the market for something can stay at their camp or in their group and make prearrangements to purchase - sounds civilized, rather than just /auc to an empty zone outside prime time.

Tilien 11-30-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traak (Post 3039846)
why is the beta server still up?

Not sure why beta is still up, but the Alpha green server is up too. Problly gonna keep beta green and alpha blue both up until actual classic launch. The 80% spawn reduction, xp nerfs, and plans to merge green and teal are all hic ups I'm sure they'll remove on the real release :)

Enjoy your custom server on Green!

El-Hefe 11-30-2019 12:16 PM

Blue = Alpha

Green = Beta

Teal = Galaxy Brain Full Release Version 1.0

On topic: I feel like the auction forums on here serve the same purpose as a global auction channel does.

Lhord99 11-30-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Hefe (Post 3039901)
On topic: I feel like the auction forums on here serve the same purpose as a global auction channel does.

Fully agree, but it doesn’t allow for impulse purchases. As someone who deals in Britney Spears records and novelty hot sauces, it’s my livelihood!

Tilien 11-30-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Hefe (Post 3039901)
Blue = Alpha

Green = Beta

Teal = Galaxy Brain Full Release Version 1.0

I'm okay with Green being beta and Teal being the full release. Most of the people who seem to be trying to abuse pixels for personal pixel gain seem to be on Green from what I've seen.

Serious response: I'm not sure what percent of users use the forums on any of the servers, I feel like it's under half and therefore global /auc has more real time response and a wider audience than the forums.