Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Let's face it..The server is awesome (/forums/showthread.php?t=74634)

Mantel 05-13-2012 10:51 AM

Let's face it..The server is awesome

This server is awesome, but killing the same old shit gets old. Velious is not even on the horizon yet so we are all bored and keep trying to convince ourselves that we are having fun. Fully upgraded no items left to obtain, so we continue to answer batphones and kill the same old shit for random new apps and or peoples alts. Some like myself decide that its more fun to fuck with people on forums to kill the time. What it comes down to it is we had fun on Live because there was constantly new encounters and it was challenging, and on this server the challenge is finding enough people with no life to wake up at all hours of the night and or no jobs to answer batphones at noon. Then there is the GM's that are so full of themselves, that they think because they suck enough of Rogeans cock that somehow are the best judge of what can and should be done for this server. The truth is clear, Rogean and Nilbog don't care about this server anymore. They had a good run with it and now understandably have moved on from it and just enjoy the income from adds and donations. P99 RIP without new content.

HarrisonIsStillPosting 05-13-2012 10:52 AM

You couldn't be further from being right about how much Nilbog and Rogean care about this project.

I can assure you they aren't making dick from "adds" and the donations don't even come close to keeping this project afloat from the back end.

lawll 05-13-2012 11:00 AM

Just look at the history of every other private server. Most of them shutdown after 2 years or so.

Mantel 05-13-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawll (Post 645395)
Just look at the history of every other private server. Most of them shutdown after 2 years or so.

YUP, p99 has had amazing sucess. It was really a blast, when there were things to do and achieve. Like all other games thoe once you beat it...it just becomes boring. Take this for example: Dungeon siege..you play all the way threw have a good time then you kill the final bosses. Would it make much sence to go back and kill those final boses for years on end. At what point would you understand that what your doing is wasting your time. Who would be the real idiot the people who continue to kill those final bosses for years, or the people that figured out that this was just a waiste of time?

Akim 05-13-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantel (Post 645407)
YUP, p99 has had amazing sucess. It was really a blast, when there were things to do and achieve. Like all other games thoe once you beat it...it just becomes boring. Take this for example: Dungeon siege..you play all the way threw have a good time then you kill the final bosses. Would it make much sence to go back and kill those final boses for years on end. At what point would you understand that what your doing is wasting your time. Who would be the real idiot the people who continue to kill those final bosses for years, or the people that figured out that this was just a waiste of time?

Life is a waste of time.
Grats.
You figured it out.
Now you can die in peace.

Akim 05-13-2012 11:43 AM

also; you can focus this new understanding on others; that everyone elses lives are equally a waste of time.

lawll 05-13-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mantel (Post 645407)

Most of the trash from the mmo world come here to QQ and troll. That's the only thing p99 has going for it. Almost all the classic content is tank and spank or can be glitched. The idea of raiding pve content was new at the time and that's what made it hard. When you think about it classic EQ is prob the easiest mmo out there with all the info you can get. The only thing that makes classic eq hard and turns people away is the time sink for leveling. I think most of the higher end people stay to stroke the epeen and cock block people out of pve content. You can only stay the best by blocking everyone out of content.

Tobius 05-13-2012 11:49 AM

Translation "I'm done with maxing out my stats on my favourite char combination/s so the whole server is over"

Yeah, speak for yourself bro.

Kassel 05-13-2012 12:18 PM

Your opinion is noted.

Hitchens 05-13-2012 12:59 PM

I'm still having fun. Sorry you're not or that your opinion matters.