Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Why are some Exploits allowed (/forums/showthread.php?t=338997)

Uuruk 11-01-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3010112)
You could be Daldaen and just report the bugs/exploits that don't affect your class, and leave the ones that help you.

Daldaen is a saint. You're a sad loser. There is a difference.

Bboboo 11-01-2019 11:04 PM

this is the house of the mentally ill

sometime you need to say hey this rule is in place to keep the spectrum at bay

yea that conflicts with classic

but do you dare deal with the spectrum?

I dont :)

tomgeezy111 11-03-2019 01:54 PM

not really

kiting is not an exploit. it is the only way a druid can survive being mediocre in all abilities makes him quite worthless to most team comps late game. leaving him alone in the woods, kiting...

talk about exploits how about AoE groups... everquest was such a hard game it forced players to exploit it. my friend was a sylvan elf ranger with dualweilding longswords and composite longbow at level 1 everytime we played D&D.. talk about exploitation!!! lmao

but that's what its all about, figuring out the best ways to exploit loopholes. only problem was back in 1999 people had thick skin.. today in 2019 everyone is a cry baby getting their cups refilled when they spill their milk.

Lulz Sect 11-03-2019 02:04 PM

i report every bug i notice
imagine if every elf did the same

DMN 11-03-2019 05:28 PM

Using zone warps was what was called "an actionable exploit." By using them you could potentially be suspended/banned. Kiting and many others was never an "actionable" exploit.

Swish 11-03-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uuruk (Post 3010176)
Daldaen is a saint. You're a sad loser. There is a difference.

what do you consider yourself to be? :rolleyes:

evilkorn 11-03-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3012768)
Using zone warps was what was called "an actionable exploit." By using them you could potentially be suspended/banned. Kiting and many others was never an "actionable" exploit.

2001 I was warping across SG on my level 50 warrior, he was a dwarf and all I had to do was log out twice and when I logged back in after that he was safely across the zone. Never had anyone say they had action taken against them for zone warping and was generally used by everyone that was afraid or unable to make the run.

DMN 11-03-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilkorn (Post 3012866)
2001 I was warping across SG on my level 50 warrior, he was a dwarf and all I had to do was log out twice and when I logged back in after that he was safely across the zone. Never had anyone say they had action taken against them for zone warping and was generally used by everyone that was afraid or unable to make the run.

I never heard of anyone getting suspended/banned for warping either, but that doesn't change the fact it was explicitly considered and actionable offense. And more likely than not the first action would be a warning anyway.

loramin 11-03-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3012938)
I never heard of anyone getting suspended/banned for warping either, but that doesn't change the fact it was explicitly considered and actionable offense. And more likely than not the first action would be a warning anyway.

If there is no evidence of anyone ever having been punished for doing it, I think it's hard to argue that the offense was ever in any way "actionable".

SG glitching on Bristlebane ... and I assume every other server ... was standard operating procedure. I truly believe a higher percentage of the server knew about that glitch (at least by the end of Velious) than knew how to recharge items.

DMN 11-03-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3012959)
If there is no evidence of anyone ever having been punished for doing it, I think it's hard to argue that the offense was ever in any way "actionable".

SG glitching on Bristlebane ... and I assume every other server ... was standard operating procedure. I truly believe a higher percentage of the server knew about that glitch (at least by the end of Velious) than knew how to recharge items.

I've never heard of a cop giving someone a ticket for going 1 MPH over the speed limit, doesn't mean it's still not illegal/. in general they were pretty lax in punishment. I know one guy who duped like 100k plat in gems and just ran around planting them on anew server. Guess what his punishment was? nothing. All he had to do was tell them how he did it.