Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Aggro Range (/forums/showthread.php?t=337112)

larper99 10-21-2019 11:49 AM

Aggro Range

Another thing from my hazy memory of circa 2000: Wasn't aggro range much longer? Seems like today, on both Blue and Green, you can get fairly close to aggressive animals (bears, gnolls, etc) without triggering aggro. I seem to recall it being much more dangerous out there.

Deathrydar 10-21-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larper99 (Post 2993058)
Another thing from my hazy memory of circa 2000: Wasn't aggro range much longer? Seems like today, on both Blue and Green, you can get fairly close to aggressive animals (bears, gnolls, etc) without triggering aggro. I seem to recall it being much more dangerous out there.

I have never noticed a difference between the way it was in live and the way it is here.

Videri 10-21-2019 12:56 PM

Aggro range or aggro likelihood differs from Threateningly to Ready To Attack.

dekova 10-21-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 2993149)
Aggro range or aggro likelihood differs from Threateningly to Ready To Attack.

Pretty sure the range isn't affected at all. Threatening will do a check to determine if they attack every few seconds once you're in range. Scowling will skip that check and simply attack.

larper99 10-21-2019 01:41 PM

I don't know. I just seem to remember some creatures coming at you from what seemed like a very long way away (not all, just some). Like, if you were KOS to an NPC, and were literally in line of sight, they would charge.

Maybe I am thinking of a different game altogether. But I really do recall there being a "aggro distance has been reduced" announcement, perhaps per server.

Deathrydar 10-21-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larper99 (Post 2993217)
I don't know. I just seem to remember some creatures coming at you from what seemed like a very long way away (not all, just some). Like, if you were KOS to an NPC, and were literally in line of sight, they would charge.

Maybe I am thinking of a different game altogether. But I really do recall there being a "aggro distance has been reduced" announcement, perhaps per server.

As someone that is normally KOS everywhere, I don't remember this. Thank god as well cause it could have made my EQ experience crap!

Videri 10-21-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekova (Post 2993211)
Pretty sure the range isn't affected at all. Threatening will do a check to determine if they attack every few seconds once you're in range. Scowling will skip that check and simply attack.

There we go. I felt it was one or the other.