Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Coming back and want to play an ENC almost 100% solo, any tips? (/forums/showthread.php?t=186677)

Cribanox 03-24-2015 07:58 PM

Coming back and want to play an ENC almost 100% solo, any tips?

Right now I'm level 5 and running around misty thicket (bears, wolves, snakes) and using my pet.

Are there any guides or suggestions as to how I should solo and where? possibly until 30-40+

loramin 03-24-2015 08:10 PM

There are several class-specific guides, which you can find here on the wiki. However the best hunting spot guide (in my not-so-humble opinion) is the Per-Level Hunting Guide.

This guide has more than a hundred different spots for people to hunt, either solo or in a group. I can't guarantee it has every spot, but it has most of them, and if you see one missing you can easily add it yourself (it's a wiki after all).

Also many of the spots with good charm-able pets nearby are marked with a http://wiki.project1999.com/images/t...pellicon_U.png icon, which should help you as an Enchanter ... although most of them are spots charm-able animals (ie. good for Druids or Enchanters).

Estu 03-25-2015 12:12 AM

Use your pet until you can charm, then charm and don't look back. Outdoor zones, especially early on, are good because they give you more space between yourself and the monsters you're working with, so when stuff breaks, you have breathing room to deal with it. Later on, you'll want to graduate to dungeons for the better loot and EXP, once you have the tools (better spells and gear) to deal with sticky situations indoors.

Ando 03-25-2015 05:37 AM

Once you get into your teens / low 20s it is worth your while to spend some time farming cash / CHA items. Charisma makes charm soloing so much more efficient and safe. A crude stein from oggok is 15 CHA and can be often found on merchants there once you get an evil race illusion.

Charisma player made jewelry is also another cheap option.

Sadre Spinegnawer 03-25-2015 04:43 PM

Having played an enchanter main on live, and in eq2, and on prog servers, and now here, I gotta say, while soloing can be fun, soloing an enchanter you will miss out on the fact that everyone loves you and wants you in their group. I might even want to argue, it is part of the class. You make others better, more powerful, and you enable them to go into places that are unmanageable without your skills (nerf bards).

Of course, have fun in this sandbox however you want :) But seriously, lots of people are making sad faces right now, at the thought of an enchanter who won't be in their exp group.

Always remember: as an enchanter, YOU ARE LOVED.

gildor 03-26-2015 08:36 AM

one tip, go dark elf...the faction sucks yes, but you have hide which can be very useful in charming

Samoht 03-26-2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gildor (Post 1833907)
one tip, go dark elf...the faction sucks yes, but you have hide which can be very useful in charming

yeah... no. dark elf racial is completely marginalized by Goblin Gazughi Ring. this is more important than gimping your stats.

gildor 03-26-2015 09:46 AM

because racial starting stats matter at all by the time you can afford the Goblin Ring? agnostic dark elf can walk anywhere with illusion, so..

for a starting player, who cannot drop the 6-8k on the ring, dark elf helps

Samoht 03-26-2015 10:14 AM

success rate of hide is trash, anyway. by the time it works, you could have already dispelled your pet or invised yourself.

not worth.

Errakus 03-26-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gildor (Post 1833907)

Do not go Dark Elf. Hide is almost worthless, works <30% of the time.