Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Tales of a Filthy Casual on Everquest – Blog Post Three (/forums/showthread.php?t=341754)

Glarkus31 11-20-2019 11:31 AM

Tales of a Filthy Casual on Everquest – Blog Post Three

Check out my latest blog post!

https://kyleharveybooks.com/2019/11/...-green-server/

Yorkshire 11-20-2019 12:05 PM

Enjoying your posts Glarkus! As a fellow filthy casual feel free to hit me up if you do decide on making a journey to Qeynos. A monk would be a perfect class to start up in Qeynos. It's where I began my EQ journey on Live.

Modwolf 11-20-2019 12:10 PM

Whatever you do, don't make an enchanter in qeynos. They have no tiny dagger vendor. Go erud mage and enjoy the boat to qeynos.

bum3 11-20-2019 12:18 PM

Enjoyed it immensely! Thank you.

Glarkus31 11-20-2019 02:40 PM

You're welcome! I appreciate the kind words and taking the time to read it.

Back on live, I had quite a few alts, but I never played a monk. I really thought I would go caster (Necro, Mage, or Chanter) for an alt on P99. However, I will likely build my monk tonight though I won't have much time to play him.

I will name him Aeirlon if the name is available. Named for one of my characters in my book and I have just loved using that name for any character that isn't a dwarf. =)

Notro 11-20-2019 03:39 PM

Just read all 3 blogs. Fantastic. I'm excited to see this keep going.

The nostalgia is real. I had a dwarf cleric back in 2000 and decided to really change it up. My main now is a Barbarian Shaman. Halas and Everfrost are all new to me. Blackburrow was new. The old school game with new experiences is awesome.

I convinced a friend at work to play, he had played back at launch too. We duo a lot, but he gets frustrated that it is so classic. I tell him, if it wasn't, I don't think I would be playing.