Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Gotta make dat $$$ (/forums/showthread.php?t=314492)

MuffinCITY 01-07-2019 07:37 PM

Gotta make dat $$$

Terrible level 16 Ranger here - I've been killing bandits and rabid beasts in the wilds of the Karanas the past few days and doing turn ins for xp/plat. I'm hoping to ding 17 and learn dual wield tonight but have no offhand... I'm using a 10/22 dagger with a velium proc that a super nice adventurer hooked me up with but I keep reading about people that have acquired thousands of pp by this level, wtf am I doing wrong? I've got about 150pp and that's after quite a bit of slaughtering. Any suggestions for a mainhand to replace the dagger and move it to offhand, or something cheapish to buy for my offhand? It's going to be a long run to get to the commons, should I just hold off and wait until I have more plat? Thanks in advance everyone, the community here has been an amazing source of info and encouragement (except for the multitude of people telling me i'm an idiot for rolling ranger and to roll druid instead - lol)

Foxplay 01-07-2019 07:50 PM

At super low level not much you can do to make huge amounts of plat, there is very few low level stuff that has high worth

Some things are however

Rusty spiked shoulder pads - from Black burrow are worth 200 to 250p or something a pop and enchanters love stockpiling these as they give them to their charm pets for minus Magic resistance

Shralok Packs - 100p per , Kith forest has a 6min spawn named orc ph is a Giant spider hes pretty low level (don't remember exact level off top of my head) can kill him up to 8 packs then go sell them and go back to farming him (this will be terrible exp thou)

Bonechips - 10p a stack

If you can scrounge up 500p get a Crystaline short sword, probably best bang for your buck although might be a better ranger only weapon out there that I am not aware of

Jimjam 01-07-2019 10:42 PM

I find it best to stockpile plat/XP hand ins until the thing that drops them no longer gives good XP. This means you get a large plat/XP injection when you finish a lucrative area.

If you hand in the items as you find them you end up kind of bypassing the area too quickly.

The good news is you have plenty of plat for a nice ratio item. You can definitely get a sword of skyfire and a silver swiftblade within your budget.

I will suggest that honestly the quality of your offhand weapon really doesn't matter initially. It will barely ever swing until you have practiced it a lot. A little known trick is that duel wield will still level up, even when using a shield (I think it skill checks at a delay as if you were using a fist, but obviously it never swings). Maybe just keep going with your shield til 20 then get 10 levels of use out of your speedy 2 handed.

MuffinCITY 01-07-2019 11:33 PM

I appreciate the tips my friends! I'll look in to all of these options and tough it out until 20 I think, then re-evaluate the plat situation. Would be nice to have some 1handers and a 2hander to switch between... more bandit blood must be spilled!

Lojik 01-07-2019 11:34 PM

A lot of people who have acquired that much plat by your level have either spent lots of time in EC or camped the nybright sisters in lesser fay. I haven't done that camp in years but I imagine it's still a tough camp to get due to it being popular (and lucrative.)

Tethler 01-07-2019 11:55 PM

I hear lightstones quest with the karana gypsies is good money. You sell the reward back to them or something. Havent done it myself though cause the Karanas bore the hell out of me.

Dreenk317 01-08-2019 03:32 AM

As lojik said, sisters in lfay are the only actually lucrative camp at that level, imo. 3pp a pop roughly, vendor a 2 min run away.

Swish2 01-08-2019 05:04 AM

Do silver swiftblades still go for around 100pp? Good starter ranger wep <3

Diogene 01-08-2019 08:15 AM

Maybe farm some lava rocks / drop of mercury / swirling mist that sells for about 10 to 50p each (lavastorm steamfont mnts & najena). Hint : sell to Arleigh in tunnel, he needs em for dwarven /high elf cultural.

Otherwise, farming low quality cat / wolves pelt and work on your tailoring (about 35) and start selling leather paddings for 200p a stack. I remember that lvl5 monk who made 3k in about a week (intense, but somehow it works, no competition and easy).

Getting pp takes patience and dedication anyway. Thats the main thing here in classic EQ

theonesler 01-08-2019 09:39 AM

When the zone isn't busy you can also try Crushbone for CB Belts and Pads or you can head to WC for Deathfist Belts. At your level you can run through CB mobs pretty quick and get a lot of belts.