Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Downtime: Monday, August 14th 2017 1 AM - 10 AM (/forums/showthread.php?t=279510)

Rogean 08-13-2017 06:15 AM

Downtime: Monday, August 14th 2017 1 AM - 10 AM

On Monday, August 14th, starting at 1 AM, there will be downtime while datacenter maintenance is performed. The following services will be affected:

Project 1999 Websites, Game Servers
EQEmulator Website, Loginserver
PEQ Website, Game Server

The downtime is expected to last a minimum of 6 hours, and could be 9 hours or longer.

During this time, any updates will be communicated on the Discord Server.

Jimjam 08-13-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

discord server

gets me every time. 1 like = 1 permadeath.

Baler 08-13-2017 11:57 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

shoestring 08-13-2017 05:38 PM

Will you be changing external IP addresses for the various services during the datacentre maintenance?

If so, you may want to communicate the need to update local DNS records via ipconfig /flushdns after the change

Some users may potentially experience cached stale DNS records for up to 24-72 hours after the change due to configuration of various external DNS servers (their ISP's TTL configuration)

This can be overriden via a HOSTS file, but you would need to advise what will be the new IP address for each eqemu service (DNS record).

If you are not changing external IPs, then please disregard this message.

jonesym4n 08-13-2017 08:08 PM

Also, remember to wipe your ass.

botrainer 08-14-2017 12:22 AM

@shoestring I dont believe there is any reason to change their IP address. Unless the Hosting server is changing IPS will the need for the IP change occur. Other than that, I dont see any reason to believe users will need to clear their DNS.

Crashking 08-14-2017 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botrainer (Post 2569392)
@shoestring I dont believe there is any reason to change their IP address. Unless the Hosting server is changing IPS will the need for the IP change occur. Other than that, I dont see any reason to believe users will need to clear their DNS.

Often when i am having trouble with connecting the first thing i do is a dnsflush.. and it is general the fix.

Crashking 08-14-2017 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 2569076)
On Monday, August 14th, starting at 1 AM, there will be downtime while datacenter maintenance is performed. The following services will be affected:

Project 1999 Websites, Game Servers
EQEmulator Website, Loginserver
PEQ Website, Game Server

The downtime is expected to last a minimum of 6 hours, and could be 9 hours or longer.

During this time, any updates will be communicated on the Discord Server.

Doh, I missed this somehow.. and only got the server shutdown notice of course right after i get to a great camp. Let the pains of a reset being...

Amontillado 08-14-2017 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoestring (Post 2569266)
Will you be changing external IP addresses for the various services during the datacentre maintenance?

If so, you may want to communicate the need to update local DNS records via ipconfig /flushdns after the change

Some users may potentially experience cached stale DNS records for up to 24-72 hours after the change due to configuration of various external DNS servers (their ISP's TTL configuration)

This can be overriden via a HOSTS file, but you would need to advise what will be the new IP address for each eqemu service (DNS record).

If you are not changing external IPs, then please disregard this message.

Stop raising your hand, Nerd.

odiecat99 08-14-2017 02:28 PM

still down