Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Auction/Logfile Notifier Tool (Text Message or Email) (/forums/showthread.php?t=327094)

Ghostly 06-04-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2919597)
You really need to try reading the actual rules before you lecture others on them. There is nothing whatsoever in the rules against reading log files while AFK. On the contrary, they're explicitly permitted in the rules:

Reading the log files sure, notifying you about what is going on in game while not at your computer via text messages? Sounds pretty borderline to me.

loramin 06-04-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostly (Post 2919603)
Reading the log files sure, notifying you about what is going on in game while not at your computer via text messages? Sounds pretty borderline to me.

What part of:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project 1999 Play Nice Policy (PNP) - Server Rules and Expectations
In addition, any program that strictly reads log files is acceptable.

is "borderline"? Unless you think they literally meant that all a program is allowed to do is read the and not actually do anything in response ... but that would make absolutely no sense because a program that can just read logs and not doing anything else would have no point.

There's no "borderline" about it: the staff has made it very clear, both in the rules themselves (unless you choose to willfully disbelieve them because you disagree) and in forum posts throughout the years. Any program can do anything ... ANYTHING it wants when it reads the log ... except mess with the game itself.

The moment any program, log reader or not, tries to impact the game you're a cheater. But until then any program can read the logs and do anything else it wants in response.

PieOats 06-04-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2919618)
But until then any program can read the logs and do anything else it wants in response.

My Dearest Loramin®,

*Strictly* speaking, doing one thing and another thing is altogether different from doing strictly that one thing.

Ergo, YOUR *WRONG* mon amis.

DMN 06-04-2019 05:47 PM

I thought this was the nolifer tool.

I R dissapoint.

Ravager 06-04-2019 06:03 PM

This thing works pretty slick if you're waiting for something to pop up for sale in EC and want to clean the garage instead of watching scrolling text. Kudos.

P99Druid 06-04-2019 06:23 PM

I've been using the old version from a few years ago for the last few years, the outgoing text stuff still works just fine. What's different in this new version to make it worth swapping from the older one?

salimoneus 06-04-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravager
This thing works pretty slick if you're waiting for something to pop up for sale in EC and want to clean the garage instead of watching scrolling text. Kudos.

Right on, glad it's working well for you, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by P99Druid (Post 2919732)
I've been using the old version from a few years ago for the last few years, the outgoing text stuff still works just fine. What's different in this new version to make it worth swapping from the older one?

Glad to hear those mappings are still working. It's probably the same version, I haven't updated it in a while. I just created a new thread because the old one was locked due to inactivity and also lost most of the pics due to forum changes so I figured I'd redo it so people new to the game could find it. Thanks for the feedback, cheers!

d3r14k 06-05-2019 09:14 AM

I want to make a log program where every time Fippy runs into the guards it triggers my sandwich press to begin making me a grilled cheese.

loramin 06-05-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3r14k (Post 2919970)
I want to make a log program where every time Fippy runs into the guards it triggers my sandwich press to begin making me a grilled cheese.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The News
A young man died today after consuming 57 grilled cheese sandwiches in a single day. Friends say it had something to do with a video game from the 90's ... ? More at eleven!

aaezil 06-05-2019 10:38 AM

Seems very not classic