Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Rolling a new warrior, quick question (/forums/showthread.php?t=328649)

Halfcell 06-24-2019 05:39 PM

Rolling a new warrior, quick question

Not a huge budget so I have full crusty, SCHW, and WESS/Frostbringer prepped and ready. The real question for me is Halfling or Barbarian? The Halfling xp bonus, plus having sneak/hide seems pretty legit, but being tiny and weird looking is giving me pause. Barbs on the other hand, look dope AF. I dont want to roll troll or ogre, so I am hoping for some experienced tanks to give me an opinion here.

Legidias 06-24-2019 05:45 PM

dorf

Halfcell 06-24-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 2928550)
dorf

I am not aware of any real perks to being a dorf other than doing flips. Am I wrong?

Generik 06-24-2019 06:29 PM

Out of your preferred choices I'd say halfling.

Min/max would be either ogre for FSI or iksar for AC

My personal favorite would have to be gnome because they are tiny, see through walls, can wear robes and have tinkering.

Crede 06-24-2019 06:30 PM

Gnome. 40% spell haste whenever you want it is OP.

Legidias 06-24-2019 07:22 PM

Shh dont let them in on gnomic secrets

Izmael 06-24-2019 08:06 PM

One eyed human is where it's at.

Wallicker 06-24-2019 09:25 PM

Sneak allows you to sell/bank anywhere but looking cool is everything and barbs have an eyepatch face too + bash

rajax 06-24-2019 10:13 PM

When sneak pulling was still common and race hide skill had ivu I would say halfling without hesitation. Now I would base the choice on how much you value slam over sneak+ 5% xp bonus.

If no clear choice for you, I would take a look at the wiki for armor appearance especially velious plate on the 2 races. What do you want to stare at for hundreds of hours? Personally, I would go Barbarian and if you aren't set on those 2 it would be Troll by a big margin.

Troxx 06-24-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcell (Post 2928556)
I am not aware of any real perks to being a dorf other than doing flips. Am I wrong?

-High starting dexterity paired with “not bad” other stats.
-short innate size, no shaman/potion/cobalt-bracer needed
-inexpensive yet potent/powerful cultural armor
-fashion quest for those that prefer meaty builds in a compact package
-barrel rolls!

Ultimately it’s liking the look of the dwarf while sporting a better set of starting stats than other smaller races (ie not the big 3). I made a dwarf. No regrets.

If dwarf had not been an option it would have been a tossup between ogre (obvious reasons) or halfling (sneak).

Between the two you are considering? Hobbit unless you really want barbarian. Gear can compensate for most things in this game but you can’t get a piece of gear that lets you sneak. Sneak is really helpful when it comes to faction-based quests.