Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Chanter solo videos (/forums/showthread.php?t=277435)

Tecmos Deception 07-11-2017 08:30 AM

Chanter solo videos

Just a shameless plug for my videos, for any who have interest in this sort of thing and don't know about them yet:

The link in my sig is my youtube channel, full of videos of my playing my chanter, Noman, on blue. It's probably 90% solo stuff with some occasional duo/trio/group thrown in. The videos start with me around level 30 and follow the areas I spent time in all the way up to 60, with some farming of loot at 59-60 as well. I try to keep my monologues interesting and informative, and I'm usually pretty good about responding to any PMs or posts or youtube comments (or ingame tells, though those have a tendency to get me killed!) with questions about soloing, chanters, dungeons, etc.

Check them out if you have a mind to, shoot me questions, make a request (that I likely won't honor - don't tell me my business, devil woman), whatever.

Most recent video is of some success in plane of mischief on my first day ever setting foot in the zone! Up soonish are a sirens grotto video, exploring the rest of seb since my 1 seb video is short and awful, and probably poking around in the other 50+ dungeons I haven't done any videos for (chardok, velks, hole, DN... maybe even solb and lguk) eventually as well.

Barm McLir 07-11-2017 08:54 AM

Honestly, I enjoy these a lot. Thanks for doing them and motivating me to level my enchanter!

Priceline 07-11-2017 09:01 AM

agreed, good stuff, just get aggro'd when you ignore your kid.. come on man its just a video game!

Tecmos Deception 07-11-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priceline (Post 2554034)
agreed, good stuff, just get aggro'd when you ignore your kid.. come on man its just a video game!

What, so they grow up to be entitled brats who think the world revolves around them? My kids can wait for a few minutes when I've got some leisure time set aside; they'll continue to turn out more than fine. They get to spend most of every day with me and/or their Mom, especially in the summer time. They can stand to learn a bit about being patient, about other people have interests and motivations as well, etc.

:p

Tecmos Deception 07-11-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barm McLir (Post 2554032)
Honestly, I enjoy these a lot. Thanks for doing them and motivating me to level my enchanter!

No problem :)

I'm regularly surprised by how many tells I get ingame from someone who either leveled a chanter because they saw my videos. More surprising are the few people who have telled me to say they got into P99 because of them, lol. I suppose they pop up for people on youtube sometimes who have interests in other games or in EQ live maybe?

deadlycupcakez 07-11-2017 11:23 AM

so happy you're back! was watching these for a while until the long, understandable break after bear pits.

Canelek 07-11-2017 12:41 PM

Enjoyable videos when I have downtime at work. Thanks for taking the time.

Doctor Jeff 07-11-2017 01:22 PM

You wouldn't have died if you memmed your spells using your hot keys :P

Tecmos Deception 07-11-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff (Post 2554121)
You wouldn't have died if you memmed your spells using your hot keys :P

It doesn't work now that I have my spells cast via /cast macros anyways! :p

kjs86z 07-11-2017 03:57 PM

Great videos...realizing now I'm horrible at enchanter.