Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Halls of Testing Trash - Immune to Snare (/forums/showthread.php?t=218402)

Daldaen 11-12-2015 08:51 PM

Halls of Testing Trash - Immune to Snare

On live none of the trash mobs are immune to snare.

On P99 however all the drakes, wurms and chromadracs in EToV are immune to snare spells.

I can find no evidence these should be flagged with such immunities.

Freakish 11-12-2015 09:59 PM

The ones in NToV and WToV are immune as well.

Raev 11-12-2015 10:24 PM

I seem to remember a massive post long ago about how no immunities to anything should exist until the late Velious patch.

planarity 11-15-2015 06:10 AM

are you suggesting that mobs in sky should be rootable/snareable?

Ele 11-15-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planarity (Post 2107741)

They may not have immune flags, but their MR and level are so high it won't land.

planarity 11-15-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ele (Post 2107770)
They may not have immune flags, but their MR and level are so high it won't land.

even the faeries on island 1? Also, those pegasus splits that people charm are lvl 53 at the highest, and seem to almost never resist mez/stun/calm.

Freakish 11-15-2015 12:42 PM

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...22-Damage-logs

Quote:

We were there for an hour and 50 minutes and killed 14 mobs. We had no druids, rangers, or necros, and the SK was a whiner, so I was on snare dut
Quote:

For all but the glimmer drakes, I cast Atol's for snare, then used a combination of rend robe, sunstrike, and icy spear for damage dealing. For glimmer drakes (which are highly magic resistant), I cast icy spear and lure of ice. The only time I came close to running low on mana was when on full burn against glimmer drakes. I only drew agro once over the night, and that was because of a series of resisted snares.
Quote:

Snare was resisted more than half the time, so I also spent a lot of time and mana fulfilling this role
He talks about how Glimmers were super MR and he didn't bother trying to snare.

Raev 11-15-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planarity (Post 2107741)

Before the immunities patch (like October 2001 off the top of my head) Verant did not have the ability to give NPCs immunity to certain spells. So they just gave all of the bosses (and a few random things like spite golems) 10000 magic resist.

All of the trash bees, for example, should be CCable with mez/charm/root/snare/whatever but they are incorrectly flagged immune.

Oleris 11-15-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planarity (Post 2107812)
even the faeries on island 1? Also, those pegasus splits that people charm are lvl 53 at the highest, and seem to almost never resist mez/stun/calm.

I use my necro epic and solo island 1 all the time.

Daldaen 11-16-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakish (Post 2107887)
http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...22-Damage-logs

He talks about how Glimmers were super MR and he didn't bother trying to snare.

Perfect! Didn't think I'd be able to find much evidence proving a negative.

Glimmers being high MR I could see that. But everything else he was able to snare with just a Atol's.