Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bard play video...of hands on keyboard??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=376807)

Gustoo 01-20-2021 07:11 PM

Bard play video...of hands on keyboard???

Is there any good bard players out there willing to a show a video of their hands while maybe simultaneously showing video of what their character is doing?

I really like the bard concept but am not sure if I have what it takes to hit buttons so much.

Looking for someone of moderate to high skill to show some techniques on playing this class decently.

Ennewi 01-21-2021 01:52 AM

OnlyHands

enjchanter 01-21-2021 04:08 AM

literally all you have to do is make 4 macros

/stopsong
/cast 1

/stopsong
/cast 2

/stopsong
/cast 3

/stopsong
/cast 4

then physically press the numbers 1 2 3 4 on your keyboard

Ennewi 01-21-2021 09:38 AM

https://youtu.be/BniKoHRlMi0

Cen 02-11-2021 10:50 PM

If you play any other games, youll find that your keypresses on bard are still significantly less often and confusing then even standard rotations in MMO's or Action games.

I found bard just as relaxing to play as any class with 4 stopsong buttons setup.

kjs86zskidoo 02-12-2021 12:42 PM

just bind 1-4 to a steering wheel and go ham

Saisu 02-12-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cen (Post 3259469)
I found bard just as relaxing to play as any class with 4 stopsong buttons setup.

I do find I chat (type) a lot more in EQ than other MMOs. Definitely a difference during downtime of a bard twisting for a group vs say just sitting and meditating.

hannahgrams 02-12-2021 02:48 PM

part of the trouble with bard is that your keypresses are consistently timed and patterned. it follows a rhythm and the rhythm never really changes. that is, at least for me, what causes wrist trouble. like a repetitive stress injury. i can spam keys all day long and mash buttons so long as they are wild and inconsistent, but the repetition fucks my wrist up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6GDPmA4lyE

this is the best video of a bard on p99 that i've seen. as you can see he does much more than press 1,2,3,4. no hand cam tho.

bard is probably the most diverse small group control class p99 offers. other than enchanters, though i'd say half of their complexity is just their high risk.

Gustoo 02-12-2021 03:22 PM

Cen what do you think about Hannahgrams issue? That is more what I am thinking about, the repetitive stress injury aspect. I guess that is a personal choice. Seems like the best class in game if you can hack it.

Saisu 02-12-2021 03:57 PM

Playing a P99 Bard (with /stopsong bindings) has been fine on my hands. You basically have a 3sec global cooldown for songs; compare that with World of Warcraft where you're spamming keypresses on 1-1.5sec abilities and often use combinations with modifier keys to bind 16+ abilities.

I don't know if it helps, but I put my song keybinds on 1,2,3,4,Q,E,R,T. Easy to reach everything with one hand while staying at WASD for movement. Most of my twists follow a nice easy pattern like 1-2-3 or Q-E-4 which utilize multiple fingers.

Full disclaimer I play at most in ~3 hour time windows. If you're playing EQ like it's your job, results may vary. I'm only in my 30's so wrist injuries could be just around the corner for me haha.