Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   I disagree with the orginal teams super buff newbie guards. (/forums/showthread.php?t=300677)

Mblake81 06-18-2018 12:04 AM

I disagree with the orginal teams super buff newbie guards.

True that we kill the means of safety for new players, Ill give you that. But we also have a moral or RP reason to buff or not buff the new players. Being a sandbox MMORPG there shouldn't be anything outside my means to kill unless it is too strong. Artificially buffed doesn't count.

Legidias 06-18-2018 07:37 AM

City leaders were afraid of strong soldiers forming a rebellion so demoted them to the outskirts of the town where their only interaction are with weaklings.

Caldwin 06-18-2018 04:24 PM

I'm mixed on this. For a newbie, it's annoying fleeing to guards, only to find they're not there, then dying to the mob(s) you were fleeing. However, part of the fun and challenge are the risks involved in the game, like the possibility of not having a safety net.

It annoyed me on live when they changed the pathing on mobs so when a player flees to the orc lift, the mobs don't make it there, at least not directly. Again, part of the fun was the risk of recovering at the orc lift, only to have someone pull a train to the lift and dying from it, or the person fleeing dying from the guards not being there.

Here's a non-classic thought... when it rains, how about having the lightning randomly strike players with varying amounts of damage if outdoors. I know, not classic, but would spice things up a bit. :p

DinoTriz 06-18-2018 04:26 PM

If people are killing guards around me, that means I have a chance to loot a FS weapon and buy my spells.

Mblake1981 06-18-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 2724980)
City leaders were afraid of strong soldiers forming a rebellion so demoted them to the outskirts of the town where their only interaction are with weaklings.

Could the two freeport gate guards kill Vulak?

Edit: Ok maybe not Vulak, Naggy/Vox?

Llandris 06-18-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mblake1981 (Post 2725318)
Edit:Naggy/Vox?

Oh for sure