Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Severe frame rates drop (/forums/showthread.php?t=335975)

Mblake81 10-11-2019 09:49 PM

Severe frame rates drop

Understand the 60FPS cap, I should be able to run that no sweat. My computer run zones with clutter just fine at high rates, now I am floating around 12 and raiding with people is like watching a slide show in single digits.

The only thing that seems to help is turning the actor clip plane to 0. I have solid 60fps everywhere then.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Chardy 10-20-2019 11:06 PM

Bump. Having the same issue. Making the game unplayable

Izmael 10-21-2019 02:52 AM

@devs please halp !! frame drops down to ~10 here as well since that 60 FPS lock.

Lenowin 10-21-2019 08:02 PM

Massive FPS drops as well.

Puluin 10-22-2019 09:34 PM

Also getting low frame rate or "lag" with multiple people around.
Started since the patch that removed advanced lighting box.
Any more than 10 people makes lag increase exponentially with all settings as low as possible.

Thomacles 10-23-2019 04:39 PM

Bumpity bump bump.

Since advanced lighting has been forced upon us, I too experience HORRIBLE lag with multiple people around. I absolutely understand they want it dark for bad-night-vision people, and agree. (I remember the thrill in Toxx when you could hear stuff near you but not see it till it was almost on you.)

But when there are many people around with light effect gear/equipment, something goes horribly wrong in the rendering, and frame rates drop BADLY.

I am back to having to stare at the wall again at raids. (I understand that is indeed classic, but I can't believe this lag was intended by any developer, then, or now.)

Surly there must be some workaround that can be implemented that will keep it dark at night for the certain visually impaired races without causing terrible frame rate drop.

magusfire24 10-23-2019 04:51 PM

you can use duxaui all in one installer , it has a function that removes extra files that p99 doesnt need. Other expansion content past Velious. Some people claim it helps.