Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Regardless, I'm having fun (/forums/showthread.php?t=142072)

Tecmos Deception 03-05-2014 03:44 PM

Regardless, I'm having fun

Well for what it's worth, and despite a couple years of hating on red, I've been having fun on here. I haven't been YTing it up, of course, but XPing from level 1 while watching the different guilds try to recruit with their different themes and reading about PvP happening here or there and getting /tells from a bunch of people who are fun to chat with, willing to help a new player get started, etc?

I'm having fun on red. There. I said it.

Doors 03-05-2014 04:00 PM

Global ooc makes the server.

Faerie 03-05-2014 04:01 PM

Glad we finally turned you. Now isn't it about time you started making red recruitment posts in the blue forums? Rite of passage imo ;)

Colgate 03-05-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doors (Post 1351838)
Global ooc makes the server.

if they remove global ooc shit is gonna burn to the ground

guess derubael wasnt around pre-global-ooc days

Tecmos Deception 03-05-2014 04:04 PM

Nobody gets more annoyed at the lingo and banter you guys have around here than me, but even I think global ooc is a good idea :-\

Andis 03-05-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colgate (Post 1351852)
if they remove global ooc shit is gonna burn to the ground

guess derubael wasnt around pre-global-ooc days

pretty much this

global ooc crucial in all aspects of eq red

I understand the exp nerf, its for the long haul

but ooc needs to be in

Faerie 03-05-2014 04:08 PM

Global ooc is pretty necessary, and it could be like a fun chatroom. Some people need their ooc privileges revoked, is all.

rollin5k 03-05-2014 04:12 PM

Its much better now, up until about a month or so ago it was pretty bad

Pudge 03-05-2014 04:15 PM

agree. we need global ooc to make the server feel alive. just needs to be moderated so some ppl cant shit it up with offputting comments, stories, nasty pvp put downs, etc.

it really does make a lot of ppl say "why would i want to work 6 months trying to level up, so i can play with these douche bags?" i've seen it happen to newbs i tried to help. they comment on the ooc without me even bringing it up. then a week later, they've already moved on

-- and to the OP, glad you're enjoying red! (and tell your friends the toxicity is really limited to like 10 ppl who troll the forums/ooc daily)

Fame 03-05-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception (Post 1351855)
Nobody gets more annoyed at the lingo and banter you guys have around here than me, but even I think global ooc is a good idea :-\

Just wait till you start habitually using it too, no one on red stays pure for long