Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Name your #1 game per platform (even old-school) (/forums/showthread.php?t=11874)

frefaln 07-13-2010 02:55 PM

Name your #1 game per platform (even old-school)

So yeah, I'm kinda old. I started playing games on the TRS-80. I'll wait here while some of you look up what that is. And now, just for fun, I'll rattle off my #1 game per platform that I've owned at some point.

TRS-80 : Escape from the Dungeon of the Gods
Nobody's ever heard of it and that's okay. It was a text adventure game along the lines of Zork.

ColecoVision : Montezuma's Revenge
Way ahead of its time. Lots and lots of unique screens and puzzles, instead of the typical Coleco game that repeated the same 3-4 screens over and over.

Commodore 64 : The Bard's Tale
Graphics sucked, sound was almost non-existent. And yet, absolutely brilliant and very atmospheric. I spent many summer nights mapping dungeons by hand on graph paper.

PC : EverQuest
It was my favorite in 2000 and still is. Even with all the graphically amazing MMOs released since, nothing's been able to eclipse the magic of original Norrath.

X-Box 360 : Fallout 3
I've always loved the Fallout franchise but Fallout 3 took it to a whole new level. So realistic I could almost taste the sulfur.

Time to share your picks.

frefaln 07-13-2010 02:56 PM

... and dammit, wish I could edit a thread title after the fact. Meant to say #1 game.

nilbog 07-13-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

... and dammit, wish I could edit a thread title after the fact. Meant to say #1 game.
fixed that for you.

Atari : Combat

Sega Master System : Black Belt

Nintendo : Double Dragon

Sega Genesis : Pirates

Super Nintendo : Final Fantasy II

Arcade : Time Killers

Sega CD : Dragon's Lair

3do : Alone in the Dark

Nintendo 64 : Goldeneye

Dreamcast : Soul Calibur

Playstation : Tecmo's Deception

PC : In progress

Harmonicdeth 07-13-2010 03:08 PM

I am not as old as you...

First game I ever got addicted to? Master Blaster... on Nintendo...never could beat that damn game.

Arcade would be X-Men Arcade loved that game... Colossus was the man!

PC would be a tie between Air Warrior 1 and EQ 1

XBox 360 would be Forza 3.

Toony 07-13-2010 03:14 PM

Atari 2600: Pitfall

PC: EverQuest

everything else.

p.s. I remember the TRS-80 Kebbon, just couldn't afford one back then, big bucks.

Excision Rottun 07-13-2010 03:14 PM

PC : EverQuest

PS3: Uncharted 2

will add more later, work calls!

Cars 07-13-2010 03:24 PM

Well I am only 25 but I was a loud kid so my parents planted me in front of a Game system at a young age lol.

Atari - Battleship (just like the board game but slower yet for some reason better, I was 5)

Nintendo - Zelda or super mario 3

SNES - Super Mario RPG or Legend of Zelda ( A Link to the Past??)

Playstation - Final Fantasy 7 or the first Metal Gear Solid

Playstation 2 - Ark the Lad (Not A well known Strategy RPG but kind of like final tactics with way better graphics and an amazing story)

X-Box- Star wars KOTR

X360 - NHL 09, NHL 10 (I had always played sports games but the new NHL's make me pitch a tent in my pants)

Because PC's have been around since the begining of all these consoles It is fair that I have a few "Equal Favorites".

PC - X- Com UFO defense, Baldur's gate 1 & 2, Everquest, Counterstrike 1.6 and then CS source, Diablo 2, Starcraft and Civilization 4.

I have been to the far corners of the MMORPG universe since everquest and not a single one of them could hold a grain of salt to the world that EQ created. I think Vanguard was the next best thing and if they had marketed it properly and not released such an unfinished product I would be playing it still I am sure.

Aeolwind 07-13-2010 03:28 PM

Unicorn - Star Trek
386/486 - Tie Fighter
PC - EQ
Intellivision - Sea Battle
TI gaming system - Parsec
Nintendo - Ikari Warriors
SNES - FF3
PS - Colony Wars
PS2 - Knockout Kings
360 - Earth Defense Force

Zxar 07-13-2010 03:37 PM

NES - Dragon Warrior
SNES - FF3
Sega - Shining Forces 2, Phantasy Star 2, or Toejam and Earl (no way to pick just 1)
64 - Goldeneye
PS1 - Xenogears
PC - Everquest

Cars 07-13-2010 03:37 PM

Oh Crap I forgot!

Nintendo 64 - Goldeneye for sure! I played that game probably more then any other in my life.

Sega Genesis - General Chaos