Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Constant Crashing While Zoning. (/forums/showthread.php?t=375946)

StinkyGreenBud 01-08-2021 03:33 PM

Constant Crashing While Zoning.

Has this been an issue for people on green recently? I rarely ever crashed on blue for the 10ish years i played on it. Just started Green about a month ago and this last week I have been crashing while zoning quite a bit. It is really bad right now with 4 crashes in 30 mins. Just curious if i'm not the only one with this issue.

Batkin 01-17-2021 02:13 PM

Not just you, mine also started crashing on zone about a week ago. I've found if i zone in a windowed mode I'm more likely to make it through the zone without issue. I was going to try to disable the load art and see if that helped but that option appears to have been removed.

bomaroast 01-17-2021 02:16 PM

Install and use wineq2. Set the eqgame.exe compatability mode to windows xp service pack 3.

starfox 01-24-2021 11:42 PM

i have been having this problem for a while . setting compatibility to xp service pack 3 helped a little i think but im still crashing while zoning. when i zone i will get the loading bar, it will complete and then the game just stops. i waited for a few mins to see if it start with me in the new zone but nothing so i have to force close it and restart wineq.

Kavious 01-25-2021 10:22 AM

If I play on wifi, I'll crash all the time zoning. The client doesnt seem very tolerant of latency/dropped packets. Nothing else I use (other games, browser, etc) on wifi has any issues. Maybe my router is just old, had some one for ~7 years

I play wired with EQ now and dont crash anymore zoning.

I have also seen people have problems with latency/issues with network routing/ISP. A tether or VPN is often suggested to test or use as a work around. Not sure if either of these are the case but a couple things to consider

voodooutt 01-25-2021 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
anyone know whats up with this? I cant see any servers

Cecel__Soulhealer 01-26-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodooutt (Post 3249457)
anyone know whats up with this? I cant see any servers

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Technical has https://github.com/Tyskiep99/eqemu-l...leases/tag/0.1 as a fix I think. Never had that issue, but it has other tips as well for blank server screen in the Players:Technical section.