Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Vendor Lock (one character per merchant) (/forums/showthread.php?t=349534)

Castle2.0 02-04-2020 05:02 AM

Vendor Lock (one character per merchant)

I remember not being able to use vendors when another character was using them, similar to how TS containers are.

Was this alpha and never made it to classic, or just not mentioned in patch notes? Cannot find any mention in patch notes.

Asking because (1) I remember it classic (but could be misremembering) and (2) recent case of item theft while recharging brought it to mind.

Thankfully, I haven't been ganked by these underhanded con artists, but the threat is real yo.

Anyone remember this or find any post, patch note, etc. in regards to this?

Tethler 02-04-2020 05:35 AM

I don't remember this in live. Seems like a good way to troll popular vendors though. Right click them and go afk.

Pootle 02-04-2020 06:02 AM

Don't ever recall this on Live, however I didn't start playing until kurnark.

Sunderfury 02-04-2020 07:51 AM

Perhaps no one could see the items you sold until you exited vendor? Like they wouldn't be committed to the global inventory until exited?

I agree that vendor trolling would have been more of a thing with your system. Could lock down PoH or PoA port stones

Smellybuttface 02-04-2020 07:54 AM

Don’t remember this at all. I played in Classic and know I definitely would have found it extremely annoying if I had to keep trying to find a vendor that someone wasn’t using, so I’d have probably remembered this if it ever happened.

Tecmos Deception 02-04-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunderfury (Post 3079469)
Perhaps no one could see the items you sold until you exited vendor? Like they wouldn't be committed to the global inventory until exited?

I agree that vendor trolling would have been more of a thing with your system. Could lock down PoH or PoA port stones

I'm not trying to block the tink bag merchant! I'm just roleplaying an indecisive gnome who needs a long time to decide what he wants to buy!

Erati 02-04-2020 01:11 PM

bring us classic Tradeskill containers

Canelek 02-04-2020 01:29 PM

Eh? That seems very much incorrect.

Castle2.0 02-04-2020 01:30 PM

If there is no time limit, then it could be used to grief, just like hogging the ONLY cultural forge. Just set time limit per character of 2 minutes with 10 second lockout.

Most people can get their business done in 2 minutes and if someone goes AFK while at vendor, the worse case scenario is in <2 minutes you can hop on that vendor.

Most of the time there are other vendors around anyhow.

Since Devs have intentionally left in recharging in, it would be nice for them to take a public stance on it. If it's theft to take someone's item they are recharging (like prayers of life, or whatever) then policing it could be a pain - simple solution is 2 minute vendor lock with 10 seconds lockout per character. No CSR necessary - do your business in 2 minutes or else.

If on the other hand sniping recharged items is copacetic practice... then having a public stance from Dev team would be good to clear these... "rogue roleplayers"...

Gustoo 02-04-2020 01:49 PM

What there was was 1 trade box open per actual player, which would feel like vendor lock when you had to open bags up in EC tunnel or GFAY to see what items were for sale (because no linking)

Item recharging is basically an exploit mechanic that ended up being allowed. Buying an item from a vendor merchant is not theft. It's basically like drop transferring.