Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Star Trek Discovery (/forums/showthread.php?t=281802)

nilbog 09-25-2017 12:46 PM

Star Trek Discovery

New Star Trek series premiered last night.

It was .. not exactly what I was hoping for, but might be worth watching.

The pilot episode was on regular cbs, yet subsequent episodes will be on some new 'cbs all access' paid subscription. I think it is a bad/bold plan to limit viewing of an already old, derelict tv franchise, but we'll see.

Anyways, at least there is new Star Trek?

dafier 09-25-2017 12:53 PM

I think it has potential but CBS is going to kill the show sooner than later with their stupid streaming pay service.

Overall it was a good episode and I like how they have done something absolutely new. The 'time-line' in this series is unlike any other series, including the movies. I'm wondering where the first season will end. It will either be a huge comeback (if you watched it, then you know what I am talking about) or the REAL end in which another story will need to pick up.

Acting was good, new characters are good and if they get enough people to pay, then I see this going for at least a few seasons.

Tupakk 09-25-2017 01:14 PM

The new paid subs are getting out of control. Everyone is doing it. Soon people will just stop watching tv all together and start pirating everything til they realize they can't sub anything and tv will be free.

/rant

I watch it tonight I totally forgot about it airing.

Thana8088 09-25-2017 02:18 PM

I thought the new Star Trek was called The Orville? :p

Baler 09-25-2017 03:46 PM

idk,.. after those so called movies. I'm skeptical about all new thing star trek.

dafier 09-25-2017 03:49 PM

Wow...tough crowd. I like the new movies. With the exception: They could have thought of another story when it comes to Into the Darkness. But, I still liked it.

maskedmelonpai 09-25-2017 05:39 PM

not seen the new show and only new movie I seen was the one with the giant red ball of antimatter that they liek used a neut-matter syringe to extract a piece from. i think they casted the doc really well and thought Kirk was pretty good. spock was too whiny though. i think that was dumb. he was my favorite character from the original series.

Pokesan 09-25-2017 06:40 PM

it was a cool show but it wasn't star trek

i'm willing to forgive the premiere but it needs to return to (mostly) self-contained episode format or this is just TWD in space

Patriam1066 09-25-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokesan (Post 2585744)
this is just TWD in space

That bad? Damn

AzzarTheGod 09-25-2017 06:51 PM

we've been dunking on star trek on another forum

its going to be what its going to be. nobody will pay for streaming for this show in the prequel timeline. People wanted some post-TNG stuff