Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Crashing every single time I zone. (/forums/showthread.php?t=308969)

spectrefax 10-14-2018 05:04 PM

Crashing every single time I zone.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Every single time I zone when the server has 1000+ players on it, I crash without fail.

I never have this issue when playing during off hours when server population is low. How can I fix this?

spectrefax 10-14-2018 05:18 PM

Forgot to add that I already have the loading screen disabled.

My play so far today... Including the initial logging in, I've hit up the "loading, please wait..." 5 times while going to retrieve my corpse that is 4 zones away. I've crashed on every single "loading, please wait" with the exception of 1. These means I have to close EQ.exe through the task manager and restart the entire client in order to try to get back into the game.

Seriously, how can I fix this? The game is pretty much unplayable at this point.

paulgiamatti 10-15-2018 05:50 AM

These are all typical signs of poor bandwidth or a poor connection on your end. Server population is probably unrelated - it's more likely that P99's peak hours are also the hours in which your LAN's bandwidth is more congested than usual. Try resetting your router, changing your wifi password, connecting directly via ethernet cable, or all of the above.

spectrefax 10-15-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulgiamatti (Post 2793520)
These are all typical signs of poor bandwidth or a poor connection on your end. Server population is probably unrelated - it's more likely that P99's peak hours are also the hours in which your LAN's bandwidth is more congested than usual. Try resetting your router, changing your wifi password, connecting directly via ethernet cable, or all of the above.

Thx, will do.