Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What's a good level to start the Sarnak Berzerker Braid quest in OT? (/forums/showthread.php?t=414094)

Encroaching Death 01-23-2023 08:44 PM

What's a good level to start the Sarnak Berzerker Braid quest in OT?

I'm guessing 34? The character is mildly twinked with a Fungi/Seahorse Haste Belt, etc.

Jimjam 01-24-2023 05:34 AM

IMHO Never too early if you can gather the braids and have a way to hand in :).

The hand in xp is really good too. The loot seems poorer than it should be.

I levelled a lot on my SK at a roughly similar level while farming braids. Compared to the loot you'd get on goblins / kobolds with ore / fine steel you'll probably make such fewer pp that you could have bought an MQ if you prefered *.

*this experience is before the nerf to rebuy costs of strings, so may not actually be true any more.

magnetaress 01-24-2023 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3561707)
IMHO Never too early if you can gather the braids and have a way to hand in :).

The hand in xp is really good too. The loot seems poorer than it should be.

I levelled a lot on my SK at a roughly similar level while farming braids. Compared to the loot you'd get on goblins / kobolds with ore / fine steel you'll probably make such fewer pp that you could have bought an MQ if you prefered *.

*this experience is before the nerf to rebuy costs of strings, so may not actually be true any more.

basically when u can iill the berzerkers and the other snaraks to pop them

Toxigen 01-24-2023 10:19 AM

Nobody needs OT faction. Skip the hassle and stay in CT / Paw for that sweet ZEM.

Encroaching Death 01-24-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3561767)
Nobody needs OT faction. Skip the hassle and stay in CT / Paw for that sweet ZEM.

Are they both solo friendly? (for an SK)

I've only been in CT long enough to farm my SK a set of Darkforge.

I wasn't necessarily looking for OT faction - that was moreso a bonus. I've never done the braid quest before. Figured it would be fun/good exp.

If it isn't, maybe I'll skip it because avoiding Kunark and Velious as much as I can is good since the mobs are harder.

Toxigen 01-24-2023 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encroaching Death (Post 3561791)
Are they both solo friendly? (for an SK)

I solo'd my paladin in CT from 32-43. I was pretty damn twinked. Lull / paci helps a lot.

Stock up on some Kilva's and go HAM.

Tethler 01-24-2023 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3561767)

The braids turnins are actually really good xp too. I farmed them with a level 50 character to get my OT hammer for free, and even at that level, I gained a significant chunk of my level.

Jimjam 01-25-2023 04:29 AM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=2534233

Relevant thread

7thGate 02-01-2023 10:14 AM

Yeah, its a lot of XP. IIRC, Rainik basically did all of level 59 on a ranger from turning in enough braids to go from Max KOS to Amiable. I got a lot of level 53 off the XP to go from base Dark Elf agnostic rogue (forget starting faction, apprehensive maybe?) to Amiable.