Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Help Explain Huge Exp Difference (/forums/showthread.php?t=293581)

jouer2 03-16-2018 05:19 PM

Help Explain Huge Exp Difference

Tried researching this, but can't find an explanation. Hoping people here can help.

A friend and I are duoing an Ogre Warrior and a Troll Shaman respectively. We only play together and he is out-leveling me like crazy - like an orange and a half per level at 28.

Based on what I've read on the wiki, Warrior has a 10% exp bonus and Ogre has a 15% penalty so he should be around -5%. My troll should be at -20%. If we're both equal level though, I thought I'd be getting a bigger split of the pie since I would have had to earn more exp to be at the same level. Instead, every level we play he ends up way ahead and it's just getting worse as we get higher level. We were hoping to keep these toons together, but it's becoming a huge chore at this point and I'm thinking of rerolling.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Kealenfists 03-17-2018 08:30 AM

I think the information you found is outdated. main point is, don't reroll just keep playing together you wont get that far apart.

Itemhawk 03-17-2018 08:41 AM

At least you're both playing races with penalties. If he was playing a halfling warrior it would be much more noticeable.

Nagoya 03-17-2018 09:57 AM

You should be setting same % of xp per kill indeed. Either you guys are abusing quest xp like CB Belts etc. Either your friend is playing solo in your back ;)

Tupakk 03-17-2018 11:14 AM

It’s totslly you I’ve been noticing the same thing.

Supaskillz 03-17-2018 11:32 AM

I thought group xp is shared in such a way that you should get the same xp % per kill and should maintain same pace if all of your kills are together so this sounds odd to me

thyrax 03-17-2018 11:53 AM

Also even with a decent level difference, if you only kill together you will end up catching up to him as well.

Baler 03-17-2018 12:10 PM

read down from..
http://wiki.project1999.com/Experien...for_Experience
through to...
http://wiki.project1999.com/Experien...perience_Works

---
If only duoing 100% of the time there is no way a -20% xp player is pulling ahead of a -5% xp player. So if your friend is really higher level he's been killing on the side, grouping on the side or turning in quests on the side and not telling you or realizing what he's doing.

Furthermore I have personally seen a player with no exp penalty catch up to a player who has a exp penalty and pass them in level. This happened at higher level ~50 so perhaps keep going and tracking that exp. As well as talking to your friend about what they do when you're not around.

Kotofei Kotofeevich 03-17-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jouer2 (Post 2675730)
I thought I'd be getting a bigger split of the pie since I would have had to earn more exp to be at the same level.

The Wiki says:
"The only thing that determined how big each slice of the pie would be was the net total xp that each of them had earned since character creation."

So you both get the same amount, but you as a troll still need more exp to lvl.
I guess, he can help you to kill mobs solo, so you get 100% exp until you catch up.

(I'm new to EQ, so I might be wrong.)

Lildain 03-17-2018 10:56 PM

Didn’t this get changed in velious? Xp is no longer shared the same way in groups as it was in vanilla/kunark. Everyone gets the same xp now and therefore class/race with penalties will fall behind classes/races with/or no bonusses