Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Twink Necro items question (/forums/showthread.php?t=332633)

Machone 08-26-2019 06:34 PM

Twink Necro items question

350k budget for necro lvl 1

What are the must have items?
Been out of the game for a bit want to make sure i dont miss anything

Wallicker 08-26-2019 07:24 PM

Zlandi heart + CoS + Ring 10 + Encyclopedia T

enjchanter 08-26-2019 08:32 PM

Dont buy a zlandicar heart, you will be disappointed.
Doubly so if you're playing iksar necro

Machone 08-27-2019 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjchanter (Post 2952553)

Why is that?

brokenpromise 08-27-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjchanter (Post 2952553)

I'm also curious why not? How much do they go for and how much is the regen? Im about to roll a necro and I'm torn between self and iksar

enjchanter 08-27-2019 08:33 AM

The basics of it are that it's just 5 regen and it's not enough regen (imo) to make a difference. If you are an iksar , you already have so much natural regen that the heart is just over kill. I used one on my erudite necro for a while and was just very unimpressed by it because if I was killing mobs and I needed to top off my hp, lifetaps were plenty to keep me moving and the zland regen just wasnt making things more smooth.

Some cases can be made that it's like healing x amount over y amount of time but I found the "healing" to be negligible (in the 50+ levels) even without iksar regen where it should have been even more noticable.

It's too expensive for the net gain for any class besides enchanter imho. If you decide you want one, I'd encourage you to use it till you can equip an epic then sell it and use the money to get your slime blood.

Troxx 08-27-2019 10:41 AM

5 regen absolutely is enough to make a difference regardless of race.

But is it worth the price? Personally I wouldn’t dump plat on one but if I scored one at a raid I would absolutely use it and never sell it.

brokenpromise 08-27-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 2952725)
5 regen absolutely is enough to make a difference regardless of race.

But is it worth the price? Personally I wouldn’t dump plat on one but if I scored one at a raid I would absolutely use it and never sell it.

How much are they going for? 5 extra regen is overkill? Wut?

enjchanter 08-27-2019 11:54 AM

OP just buy it and you'll see what I mean

I was very unimpressed. I got one without having to pay plat, tried it on my necro while leveling 57-60 and didnt feel like it was worth using and gave the zheart to the class that really needed it which is my enchanter. Necros can literally heal themselves organically through stuff they will already be doing (killing monsters).

@ brokenpromise
I'm saying if your an iksar , the regen from the zheart is overkill because iksars have so much regen already.

Troxx 08-27-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenpromise (Post 2952729)
How much are they going for? 5 extra regen is overkill? Wut?

Not sure exactly but a lot more than I’d pay. 5 regen would bring my buffless regen to 17/23. Standing it is a 130% increase in our most valuable stat. Sitting it’s a 122% increase.

Is it necessary? Nope, but it makes a huge difference in quality of life. I don’t have one but I have specifically requested regen buff over regrowth in the past just to see how useful a zheart would be. It’s very noticeable.

If given a choice between 5 regen and 500-800 more base hp though, I’d take the hp. Deeper hp pool makes managing Lich loss and losses from healing a lot easier than a regen buff