Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hill Giants FTE? (/forums/showthread.php?t=348307)

Aurorikine 01-22-2020 03:23 PM

Hill Giants FTE?

So I've spent literally hundreds of hours killing Hill Giants and the rule of the land was always HGs are FTE. Today when I mentioned that to someone, he said they are not and there is no where in the rules or forums that say they are. I looked myself to prove him wrong and came up with nothing.
So, did I float along these past years on some fluke that everyone who happened to be around me considered them FTE? Like I put up some shit with such as a monk killing every single HG all afternoon because he could engage quicker than me for some reason. But I didn't complain because I adamantly believed they were FTE. Did I do this for nothing?

m00r5tuD 01-22-2020 09:59 PM

i thought they were FTE as well, most people seem to treat it like that.

Kavious 01-22-2020 10:09 PM

You can sit on one spawn and thats your one Hill Giant camp. You cant claim an area though. Should be in the rules about how outdoor camps work

zaneosak 01-22-2020 10:14 PM

Definitely FTE. I mean technically you can camp a single spawn point outside. If you found a single HG spawn, I don't see how they wouldn't engage you first if you sat on it as well. Seems moot.

DMN 01-22-2020 10:46 PM

There aren't any static hill giant spawns that I'm aware of, so I'm not sure you can even legitimately camp a PH in the first place.

galach 01-22-2020 11:17 PM

You can camp a single Hill Giant if that's the only one you are clearing. You must near that spawn, not kill any other Hill Giants, and engage shortly after spawn (before it starts to roam).

drdrakes 01-22-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMN (Post 3072369)
There aren't any static hill giant spawns that I'm aware of, so I'm not sure you can even legitimately camp a PH in the first place.

There are 6, often one is Bruug. Someone was bug reporting that in classic they were random and that is what I remember but blue was never like that when I played on it, just the six. 3 up top, two on side of hill, and one out in the 'field'.

loramin 01-22-2020 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galach (Post 3072380)
You can camp a single Hill Giant if that's the only one you are clearing. You must near that spawn, not kill any other Hill Giants, and engage shortly after spawn (before it starts to roam).

It doesn't get any better than a GM providing a direct answer to your question. But if you have a question about a different camp and you don't get such an answer http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp%20Rules has both a more general breakdown of the rules, and a list of rulings for specific camps.

Which reminds me that I now need to go add this post to the list ...

EDIT: Congrats GM Galach on your first entry on the http://wiki.project1999.com/Rulings page: you're now officially wiki famous ;)

Kalamurv 01-23-2020 12:54 AM

Hopefully they will fix the hill giant spawns to what it was on live during classic onwards where every single mob that paths on or near that hill (3 sides of it) are ph's for hill giants, every bear, lizard, basilisk, drake etc should all have possibility of spawning a hill giant....there should be easily enough of them to support 4 or 5 full groups + a druid or 2 quadding.

silo32 01-23-2020 01:30 AM

This goes for same in oasis at specs?

Druid last night claimed all 8... 4 static 1 static in tower and 3 in top tower...

He didn't want to share and when i tried to kite one he kept dispelling it. I just left.

Maybe things are different here but i once had a shm on red do this to me named Fecal Matter and provided screen shots and sirken said that screen shots are not valid evidence. Also let the player named Fecal matter keep his name.

So glad sirken is gone