Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Saving training lessons as a Druid? (/forums/showthread.php?t=296154)

Vormotus 04-20-2018 02:38 AM

Saving training lessons as a Druid?

Hi guys, was wondering if there is any reason to save training lessons as a Druid?

I remember back in the day it was a very good way to save them for research for casters, but seeing the skill list druids have, was thinking if there was any reason to save them for future use or burn them for skills or tradeskills you want?:confused:

Any info or tip would be appreciated :D

Much love to you all!

Cheers!

Foxplay 04-20-2018 04:58 AM

I don't really think they are needed much especially druid who uses all schools of magic frequently enough

But don't take my advice on this subject.... every toon I play ends up with well over 100 training points by the time they are 60 cause i never use them, an then i use them to skill up tradeskills to 21 and other useless crap lol

Nagoya 04-20-2018 08:20 AM

Played a druid to 54 and replaying one right now,
I confirm to you that skillpoints are mostly useless and you can dump 20 points in learning Gnoll language if you feel like it ;)
I guess dumping a few pts in Dodge at level 15 is okay? But you should tank a bit a cap that anyway. Same for track at 20, in theory it could be nice to have it quite high right away, but you set it up so that it's on your "W" key and it gets capped in about an hour, so whatever... everything else is relatively easy to cap if you're trying.
On Nagoya it was a pain to raise 1HS at level 54 when I had always been using 1HB my whole life having 1HS (1) and trying to raise it on blue mobs sucked. But on the other hand, you don't need to melee on a 54 druid ;)

TL;DR No. No reason to save them. Also no reason to use them, so keep a few around for that spur of the moment (4am "Hey let's work on Pottery! This will be fun!") so you don't regret :P

Supaskillz 04-20-2018 08:49 AM

I think you should use them All to save a little time on tradeskills

Tortok 04-20-2018 09:12 AM

I would save at least enough training points to be able to learn most tradeskills you might want to do to 21.

Nagoya 04-20-2018 09:55 AM

That being said, for most tradeskill you can do 1-21 with like 10pp and 20mins of your time so it's not that dramatic if you don't have the skillpoints to speed it up :)

jolanar 04-20-2018 10:31 AM

Should be able to train fishing to 200 with skill points if you were so inclined, never confirm that on p99 though.

Pope Hat 04-20-2018 10:33 AM

I would probably put it into something like Divination because that school is useful for invis and I don't remember using it a lot to raise it naturally. Invis is also one of those spells that sometimes you need it RIGHT NOW and don't want to wait on all those fizzles.

But yeah, not super important.

Cen 04-21-2018 04:00 AM

1. Get all your 0 languages and trades to 1 so you can sort by new 0's as you level.
2. Raise the trade skills you want
2a. Raise a language you want for some reason

FYI Begging starts skilling much faster past 30 so consider that :D Then start using begging on fishing boats when you are bored.

Vormotus 04-21-2018 04:32 AM

Ahhh ty for the tips friends! Guess I always wanted to learn Gnoll haha ...

Though the tradeskill idea is solid too ... hmmm, decisions, decisions!

But overall thanks for the input! :)

Do you still raise languages by spamming text in group chat? Been a while for me