Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Knight melee damage (/forums/showthread.php?t=333423)

d3adr3d 09-09-2019 12:29 AM

Knight melee damage

Are Paladins and Shadowknights seeing a large melee damage increase with this recent patch? If I am reading the notes correctly, they are now close to warrior melee damage?

azeth 09-09-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3adr3d (Post 2957392)
they are now close to warrior melee damage?

Thats impossible since they can't dual wield.

A knight with an end-game 2h may out parse a warrior using lower tier weapons, but apples to apples there isnt a comp

elwing 09-09-2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeth (Post 2957530)
Thats impossible since they can't dual wield.

A knight with an end-game 2h may out parse a warrior using lower tier weapons, but apples to apples there isnt a comp

How does 1h and 2h compare on a warrior since the 2h buff anyway?

Hrothgar 09-09-2019 08:52 AM

There’s also something to do with a bonus damage being added to weapons based on their delay - larger delay weapons having a larger addition to their base damage in the “invisible calculation.” It’s somewhere in the wiki here, but seeing as how most Knight 1h weapons are essentially godly ratios (making up some lost change on account of a lack of dual wield), even 1h weapons should be seeing a white damage buff - no?

cashrip 09-09-2019 01:31 PM

Something tells me they didn’t buff the minimum damage like they did on live. I think they decided to try to balance stuff their own way

elwing 09-10-2019 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hrothgar (Post 2957612)
There’s also something to do with a bonus damage being added to weapons based on their delay - larger delay weapons having a larger addition to their base damage in the “invisible calculation.” It’s somewhere in the wiki here, but seeing as how most Knight 1h weapons are essentially godly ratios (making up some lost change on account of a lack of dual wield), even 1h weapons should be seeing a white damage buff - no?

Nope, 1h should have fixed bonus based solely on the user level, only 2handee should have a delay based bonus, and much larger than 1hander

ineubis 09-10-2019 09:49 AM

Between the patch notes and this post, I'm still not sure how my damage has increased. Has my max hit increased, has my hit ratio increased? I use 2H primarily (Plane of Sky SK sword currently until I loot a Soul Leech) but if 1H and shield is better dmg now because of the patch I can switch out.... I actually prefer having a ton of extra AC and stats and equippable effects from having two items equipped as opposed to one in my hands.... but I like the big numbers from the 2H.... my previous max hit was 169 or 170... not exactly sure.

elwing 09-10-2019 09:52 AM

My max hit(sitting pc) as gone from 225 to 245 with epic... And it seems that the average hits already went up on mobs, with epic

Pint 09-10-2019 10:25 AM

Max hit increases seem meaningless. Are we missing less is the real question. I haven't been able to log in to play around with it myself yet so someone chime in!

mattydef 09-10-2019 11:07 AM

I haven't had a lot of time to test but the little I did I could definitely tell a difference. Its not huge but my top end damage was higher, low end was higher and the hits were more consistent.