Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   ⚠️ Elf LAW 🔨 issues Using Velious Textures to safeguard myself. 🚨 (/forums/showthread.php?t=395606)

starkind 12-03-2021 09:07 AM

⚠️ Elf LAW 🔨 issues Using Velious Textures to safeguard myself. 🚨

From sexism :eek:and 'preversion. :(

I would like to resolve this in this thread and see what we can do about it.

Apparently used to be able to enable velious textures for classic armor but things have become more and more broken or not working and I'm not a hacker. And people were being banned for hacking the game with luclin models. So I am very afraid to do this myself now.

--- the human female graphics and dark elf graphics and half elf graphics are particularly egregious they hypersexualize elfs and females --- while bikinis should be OPTIONal (and I wore one once or twice IRL) and I respect every elfs right to show and strut their stuff (especially if they are healthy and sexy) I believe this should definitely be a personal choice...

here's the thread here: how to fix it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danyelle (Post 645740)
Velious Texture Replacement

A recreation of Savok's work here. Since his links seem to be dead and I had someone ask about this I recreated it and reposted it.

All credit for this goes to Savok, NOT ME.

There are two possible downloads. Velious 1 or Velious 2. Velious 1 has leather, chain, and plate (1, 2, and 3 respectively) set to the new Velious leather, chain, and plate textures (17, 18 and 19 respectively). Velious 2 has leather, chain and plate (1, 2, and 3 respectively) set to the Velious cloth, ringmail, and scale textures (20, 21 and 22 respectively). Both have the old monk textures (Texture 4. Human/Iksar only) set to the Velious Monk armor (Texture 23). This does not and will never change helmet graphics.

You may only choose one of the sets of 3 at a time. Choose wisely and swap back and forth as you see fit.

For reference:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6439/darkelfxd.jpg

Can download Velious 1 pack here.
Can download Velious 2 pack here.

Simply extract from the .rar and move the two files over to your Everquest directory. No eqclient.ini changes are needed.

You must make backups of global_chr.s3d and global4_chr.s3d before doing this. I will NOT be providing backups of the base files (for obvious reasons). That means if you fail to make a backup of the original files and decide later you want to revert back, you'll have to completely reinstall Everquest. You've been warned.

(remember doing this is illegal now) So don't get banned :(

Can this please be like, legal on blue??? at least?? please???

I'm like really serious I don't want to spam the GM petition forum :(

I really respect ur classicness guys it is the #1 best server and I wish other servers followed by your example, this isn't a gripe about the project, just the nature of old school EQ and a plea to help me fix it for only myself and just myself. :o :p

https://i.imgur.com/7fiow2I.gif

realsubtle 12-03-2021 10:25 AM

Maybe its those womens choices to look like tarts? What about freedom and rights? #RespectWomensChoices #ToonRights #SleuteWalke

starkind 12-03-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realsubtle (Post 3394780)
Maybe its those womens choices to look like tarts? What about freedom and rights? #RespectWomensChoices #ToonRights #SleuteWalke

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3394769)
I respect every elfs right to show and strut their stuff (especially if they are healthy and sexy) I believe this should definitely be a personal choice...

Absolutely 100% agree with u totally and completely, sorry if you missed that, maybe I should have bolded it a lot more.

I just want to change the graphics for myself or enable other people to change their own graphics.

Cecily 12-03-2021 10:58 AM

What's to stop some pervert from deciding I want to use Luclin textures today and go to a raid where no one knows they're been turned into someone's private furry convention?

This is my main fear being on the internet as a woman.

starkind 12-03-2021 11:15 AM

You should speak up against it and show them normal pictures of your`elf. If someone poasted a picture of me with a luclin skin I would just post a picture of my classic/vanilla/velious self in response and say that photoshopping other people is rude.

I definitely don't want to see my luclin versions. Assless bubblebutt chaps are better than those.

Anyway I always try to play in 1st person view when I'm online and not look at myself as much as possible.

The issue - using velious textures for classic gear - is very important to me. I'm not going to disrespect anyone over not wanting that or saying no, however, it is important enough for me to really have a deep discussion and ask for it. I would never take screenshots of other elfs and post them online without their consent. Especially with this graphics mod installed.

Gustoo 12-03-2021 12:06 PM

imageshack link doesn't work can you post a picture that shows what you're talking about?

Are you wanting to mod the velious special textures to replace the regular leather and chain textures?

Like so all chain looks like rygorr and all leather looks like..whatever velious leather?

starkind 12-03-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3394804)
imageshack link doesn't work can you post a picture that shows what you're talking about?

Are you wanting to mod the velious special textures to replace the regular leather and chain textures?

Like so all chain looks like rygorr and all leather looks like..whatever velious leather?

ya essentially

or maybe the scale variants

there's a few options to do it depending on what files got used

velious textures dont get enough love they aren't really 'avialable' i think the plan was to do that anyway as i remember seeing velious cloth on my newbies on test server awhile in 2001-2 or something --- it just never went through or got an options checkbox when they rolled out luclin the velious textures got shelved :(

Arvan 12-03-2021 01:14 PM

Another 1 star thread from OP

Seek help for your spam posting problem

Raclen 12-03-2021 02:22 PM

You guys are fighting for video game pixels rights. You should bury these thoughts and never share them again.

Whale biologist 12-03-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realsubtle (Post 3394780)
tarts