Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   screen freeze (/forums/showthread.php?t=274728)

vincenthg 05-31-2017 01:07 AM

screen freeze

Anyone happen to screen freeze but the game still running?

always like this after i afk for like 20 or 30 mins(not sure), then the screen freeze but the game still running. for example, i still can hear the back sense music/sound while i have been hit and the screen not moving at all, it just freeze.

ESL.

loramin 05-31-2017 11:44 AM

When you switch "window modes" (I'm sure there's a better term) it breaks Titanium. For instance, in newer versions of Windows CTRL + ALT + DELETE doesn't just open a window in the same mode, it switches your entire screen, and that will break things.

My guess is that what's happening is that your screensaver/power-saving features are changing the "window mode" and breaking EverQuest. You might be able to recover by entering/leaving full screen mode (CTRL + ENTER), but a better solution is probably to set your screensaver/power saving settings to not start for a longer period of time.

vincenthg 05-31-2017 10:13 PM

Tks alot Loramin!
you totally solve the problem!

loramin 05-31-2017 10:52 PM

Glad I could help :)

jscea 02-20-2018 12:57 AM

I have this issue and tried your solution

But to no avail :(

khandman 02-20-2018 03:27 AM

All the time.

Changing from Full Screen to Windowed and visa versa doesn't cause it but it does fix it.

I used to get screen freeze everytime consent.exe prompts a UAC dialog. For the UAC issue if your like me and have UAC enabled, go into the registry and find the SecureDesktop option/value and just edit it to an off state.

And when I am playing other games at the same time as EQ that use exclusive fullscreen mode. So Alt tabbing back and forth can be a pain in the ass which is why I play all games in Windowed borderless these days.

And as Loramin said locking your PC in Win10 can cause it.

But once the screen is frozen in EQ, changing out of the screen mode and back in using keyboard shortcut will restore the frozen screen or black screen.

Baler 02-20-2018 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khandman (Post 2661647)
All the time.

Changing from Full Screen to Windowed and visa versa doesn't cause it but it does fix it.

I used to get screen freeze everytime consent.exe prompts a UAC dialog. For the UAC issue if your like me and have UAC enabled, go into the registry and find the SecureDesktop option/value and just edit it to an off state.

(win7)
Interesting I was not fully aware this could be separately disabled from UAC...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System -> PromptOnSecureDesktop set to 0
Do so are your own risk...

Another option is if you need to run something that has an UAC prompt to start you can start it as a Task. This is elevated and bypasses the UAC all together. (Task Scheduler) There are also other ways to create tasks.

Google 02-20-2018 11:27 AM

While this doesn't sound like the OP's issue, I've discovered a screen freeze issue lately.

When resizing the "main chat" window as small as possible in an attempt to hide it, freeze.

About the time the window's up and down arrows touch, instant freeze. Happens across various UIs.

Solution: Don't do that.