Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Kunark era Necro Vs SolB Firegiants? (/forums/showthread.php?t=337172)

Jibartik 10-21-2019 08:29 PM

Kunark era Necro Vs SolB Firegiants?

What is the viability of a Necro camping the tranix crown solo during the Kunark era? This camp is very fun in every aspect from its value to its group competition to its poopsockers.

I know a shaman can handle it a-ok if they have torp and an epic, and an enchanter can do it at like 57, but what other classes can solo King Tranix pre-velious? Any?

I was planning on playing a Necro and realize that I really like this zone and wonder how it fairs in this situation. /shrug

Thanks!

Baler 10-21-2019 09:35 PM

imo the only difference is slow and malo

They're able to be rooted but they have high MR..

I've seen many many many many many many many... druids solo tranix.
It may be better to ask about how druids do it.

I have no memorable experience of a necro soloing tranix.
I believe it's possible just odds against MR

coming from a shm main.

-----
dont fuck with fire giants. They're a waste of time. Period.

Jibartik 10-21-2019 10:07 PM

This is my fave camp in the game! I love them. Sitting on the throne, king of the castle.

Doing rage fires. Some efreeti's

It's a blast!

How do you root rot if it summons?

Asking druid is great idea, how u do it druids! (I know this is caster but hopefully you're hopping about)

Kornaki 10-21-2019 11:21 PM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a.../t-218464.html

This thread literally mentions how to kill tranix as a druid.

Bardp1999 10-22-2019 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kornaki (Post 2993987)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/a.../t-218464.html

This thread literally mentions how to kill tranix as a druid.

Link is really not helpful since its talking about puppet strings. A charmed sonic bat? Seems very doubtful and dangerous.

I dont see how a necro could do trannix in classic but I also have never been big on solo challenges. W/O slow I dont see how you could kill.

A necro and a monk might be an interesting duo for him. Or necro and sham

Jibartik 10-22-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 2994114)
Link is really not helpful since its talking about puppet strings. A charmed sonic bat? Seems very doubtful and dangerous.

I dont see how a necro could do trannix in classic but I also have never been big on solo challenges. W/O slow I dont see how you could kill.

A necro and a monk might be an interesting duo for him. Or necro and sham

can you send pet in to get hit every summon tick I wonder? Is that a viable strategy or does that just not work at all.

I imagine a summon tick is every 6 seconds so thats like 1 second of being hit every 5 seconds for a pet. I mean its obviously stupid but I wonder if it is doable?

commongood 10-22-2019 01:15 PM

Can he be feared and snared? Wiki doesn’t indicate the contrary. If so it should not be very difficult as a necro. Granted you might have some false starts with a lot of resists.

If he can’t be fear kited - and if the wiki is correct in HPs and max melee hits - then I’d say no dice as a necro. A decently geared (Velious era) necro can solo A4 mobs (sans TwentyTwo). Those are, I believe, level 55 but hit for less than Tranix (155 I think is the max hit whereas Tranix hits for 205 according to Wiki). But those aren’t easy. They are just about doable and requires you and your pet taking turns tanking. I’m not sure on their hp but wouldn’t be more than Tranix I don’t think. I just don’t see it being possible on a mob hitting significantly harder.

Jibartik 10-22-2019 01:16 PM

There is a lot of room in there, sans other giants, that need to be sans'd for a solo shaman too anyway. Hmm Does fear kiting work for necro to do tranix, great question!

Jimjam 10-22-2019 01:40 PM

Isn't fear a stun variant? That should mean no, but who knows... Not I!

Jibartik 10-22-2019 01:40 PM

Thats what I would think, I dont recall ever seeing an SK fearing any giants so I figure its not doable?