Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Project 1999: Teal (/forums/showthread.php?t=339096)

Master Roshi 11-02-2019 04:07 AM

Thank you staff, I am glad to see the options open a bit for classic play.

Sorry you have to read all the moronic complaints, but I suppose you're sadly used to it.

Rooj 11-02-2019 05:09 AM

Man. I was really enjoying seeing how crowded the server was. People are EXPing in places that they NEVER did on Blue but certainly did on classic. That shit was great to see. It's one of the reasons I think ZEMs should be removed and all zones should be adjusted to compensate.

I'm confused though as to why we are going with a 2nd server (even if temporary) rather than utilizing a pickzone system like TLP servers do. Pickzone could remain just as temporary as the 2nd server, but everyone could still play together. I'd probably suggest a much longer cooldown than TLP on switching picks, though. I'm sure it would need other tweaks due to the list system and whatnot, but I also believe the staff could figure out.

My main concern is that the 2nd server will have low population cause it's usually pretty hard to get people to transfer servers, and that low population (I often play during EU hours) will cause boredom. I'm hoping the list system will pressure people into moving.

For anyone unaware of what pickzone is, it's what the live TLP servers use - once a zone reaches a certain number of players, a new instance of the zone is created. If you try to enter a zone with multiple instances up, you're required to choose an instance before entering. You can type /pick at any time to see how many people are in each instance of that zone, or to switch picks (the switch pick mechanic should probably be removed on P99, and you should only be able to switch instances by re-entering the zone). Probably should never create more than 1 extra pick on P99 also (TLP can have infinite). And P99 could also remove certain zones from being able to create another instance, such as Nagafen's Lair, Permafrost, etc.

Baler 11-02-2019 05:12 AM

Can we play Green and Teal at the same time?

Natewest1987 11-02-2019 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaye (Post 3010870)
You sound like a WoW player. Staff won't eliminate ZEM. Dungeons are worth more xp because they are riskier, u can't sow, etc. Your opinion is trash because classic EQ doesn't care about your feelings, it is classic.

If you don't want to try and compete for mobs in high ZEM zones (which in my experience is not even that hard on Green), then go pull in some outdoor zone. If you could only see how many xp mobs are up that you aren't clearing because you're too lazy to move from your desired spot. If anything a more knowledgeable playerbase should know where to go if there's no mobs up where they're at. But I guess just instance a 2nd server so ppl can all go xp fast in guk etc is what ppl want, w/e.

Why exactly do you care this much that there are people who want a second server? Like literally how does this effect you?

Natewest1987 11-02-2019 05:21 AM

I think the most likely scenario out of this, is that we will get one server that has a moderate population, and another that is basically empty. Think blue / red. I could be wrong but, I doubt the lower population server will last long enough on its own.

So what does it really matter ? Split it, see if it helps, if it doesn’t then just fix it. This really should have been done before launch, and only for a couple week period.

Midoo 11-02-2019 05:29 AM

Seems like all the people who complain about the population need to grab a dictionary and look up what "merge" means

Ruhtar 11-02-2019 05:41 AM

Thank you for the update, P99 staff! I've been waiting to play due to crazy population numbers.

As for everyone complaining in this thread...stop trying to push whatever agenda you think you have to push. Having two servers isn't going to ruin your "classic" experience because the population will still be high on both or they'll merge them back together. Not difficult to comprehend. As for more people getting more loot...who cares? Original EQ has shit loot. Might as well let people farm it up.

Baler 11-02-2019 05:55 AM

The staff are aware of this already but..

Two servers means ≈2x the list item drops,... meaning ≈2x the manastones etc introduced into the system.

WolfOfOdin 11-02-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaye (Post 3010714)
Maybe those people should play WoW or a live TLP server with instancing.

This is a funny chain we got going.

Modern WoW players tell people to go play Fortnite.
Classic WoW players tell people to go play Modern WoW
EQ players tell people to go play WoW

Whats next? Honestly I find the whole thing ridiculous. Its like your saying I have this perfect image of what the game should be, if you don't like it go play somewhere else. There is a pompous air about the statement. Almost as if you and your game with your vision are so 1337 that someone should go play something beneath them. It's an arrogant statement. I've been guilty of doing the same thing.

Why can't we all just enjoy the damn game how it is? So what I didn't get to play EQ until PoP, and even then I didn't play it much. We are all trying to experience the game how it was when it came out. A lot of us for the first time. Statements like you should play WoW only serve to hurt the community. By using that as a defense for criticism, you are setting a divide between new and old players.

Rather than saying just go play a different game, try educating your critics rather than dismissing them. It will make them better players and help close that rift that people like you love opening up because us newbies are just tainting the game for your purists.

Deathrydar 11-02-2019 05:59 AM

Thank you for always listening to your population!