Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Whirling Wind - Stun Effect (/forums/showthread.php?t=277561)

skarlorn 07-13-2017 02:09 PM

Whirling Wind - Stun Effect

My first time playing a druid past getting one to EC and chaining her to t1.

I hit level 5 and noticed this curious spell...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Whirling_Wind

Does stun effect really work? How come I've never seen druids using this in a group to stun casters?

Seems super OP!

Doctor Jeff 07-13-2017 02:14 PM

All druids use this line of spells.

A druid has very little to do while a mob is trying to chain gate or ch besides use this line to stop it.

Seems like you are just super late to the party?

Nibblewitz 07-13-2017 02:19 PM

This spell is similar to enchanter DDs. Since there is a damage and an interrupt effect, the spell goes through two checks before it resolves.

gildor 07-13-2017 02:21 PM

Whirling Wind is outside only. Fury of Air later on is usable indoors as well..

skarlorn 07-13-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff (Post 2555110)
All druids use this line of spells.

A druid has very little to do while a mob is trying to chain gate or ch besides use this line to stop it.

Seems like you are just super late to the party?

As I said in OP, I am super late to playing druid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gildor (Post 2555116)
Whirling Wind is outside only. Fury of Air later on is usable indoors as well..

This is probably why i've never seen it. I have leveled in indoor dungeons 99% of the time on Warrior, enchanter, and rogue.

Very cool spell line, esp with the outdoor limitiation it feels fitting for a druid.

Pyrion 07-14-2017 07:22 AM

One thing to notice about the wind spells: Since they stun, they generate a lot of aggro. So you better have a good tank or a rooted mob.

Swish 07-27-2017 05:30 AM

Aren't they quite mana intense/bad value for the damage they do? (versus the fire line)

Genuine question, I'm not much of a druid myself...shaman on live and cleric here in terms of priesting :p

Jimjam 07-27-2017 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrion (Post 2555366)
One thing to notice about the wind spells: Since they stun, they generate a lot of aggro. So you better have a good tank or a rooted mob.

I find it good to hit an instacast clicky to refresh the spell bar and begin casting a quickcast root after using a high aggro spell.

That said, sometimes you won't want to root a caster to give the melees in the group a chance to push interrupt.

Troxx 07-27-2017 11:51 AM

Good spell line - think of it as utility with danger though.

Lhancelot 08-07-2017 08:31 AM

Iirc I always found this line seemed to get resisted a lot ages ago, maybe I am wrong though.

If it lands consistently, I will play with it a bit on my newest druid as I'm curious to see the different ways to utilize it.