Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Cinda's Charismatic Carillon - Bard song question (/forums/showthread.php?t=350348)

MikeXG 02-14-2020 01:46 PM

Cinda's Charismatic Carillon - Bard song question

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cinda%2...matic_Carillon

I don't think I've ever really used this song, I assume it works similarly to the enchanter faction buff line? I recently saw a video where an enchanter went into Velks, used werewolf illusion and the level 51 faction spell - this brought them to non KOS faction for (i think) the entire zone. I was curious if a bard would be able to do this with a lute of the howler and Cinda's Charismatic Carillon? If so, do they need to maintain the song or does it persist until cast on something else/zone like the enchanter?

Thanks all
-M

System Shock 02-14-2020 02:03 PM

It persist's until cast on something else/zone. About the Velks faction with the illusion i'm not sure.

MikeXG 02-14-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by System Shock (Post 3085573)
It persist's until cast on something else/zone. About the Velks faction with the illusion i'm not sure.

Thanks mate, assuming it boosts faction enough, I assume it will work. I'll give it a try this weekend and report.

Wallicker 02-26-2020 09:11 AM

Bard doesn’t even need lute of the howler to be non kos in velks, our faction song is significantly better than enchanters spell, it boosts faction by 600pts.

Borak 03-03-2020 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallicker (Post 3090704)
Bard doesn’t even need lute of the howler to be non kos in velks, our faction song is significantly better than enchanters spell, it boosts faction by 600pts.

To be fair, you will need to use the lute + faction song if you kill Velketor the Sorcerer enough times, and eventually even that won't work. Back in the CSG days we killed him a lot I guess!

Even if you never killed Velketor, be warned. Don't just wander aimlessly in Velks without paying attention. If you go deep enough into Velks, you will find Frost Spectres. These will be KoS to you regardless. These are near Lord Bob I think? It's been awhile.

Wallicker 03-03-2020 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borak (Post 3092994)
To be fair, you will need to use the lute + faction song if you kill Velketor the Sorcerer enough times, and eventually even that won't work. Back in the CSG days we killed him a lot I guess!

Even if you never killed Velketor, be warned. Don't just wander aimlessly in Velks without paying attention. If you go deep enough into Velks, you will find Frost Spectres. These will be KoS to you regardless. These are near Lord Bob I think? It's been awhile.

Yes they are up past lower dogs next to lord BoB.

Yes, if you lower your base faction far enough, then songs/spells won’t be enough. Same is true of SG.

Pro tip if you use a factioned eyeball at dubious faction then illusion to something kos is a great way to risk free pull and/or trainup. I used this often with water illusion in ToV.