Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Texture patcher - Fix transparent visors/black feet etc (/forums/showthread.php?t=87281)

Tr4c3r 02-20-2019 03:30 PM

When I try and do this I run the bat file it opens a window for like half a second and does nothing. Any ideas?

Nepenthe 04-01-2019 05:16 PM

Attempting to use this but I'm getting an error that the globalLoad text file doesn't match the zip from the patch.

Is there a way to get it to work or is this out of date entirely?

Healicious 08-02-2019 07:26 PM

for those having trouble running the bat file on win10... shift right click in your eq folder, open powershell command here, type PS press enter then .\batfilename.bat

rezzie 08-02-2019 08:57 PM

The teeth on the racnars in VP are not transparent, even with this applied:

https://i.imgur.com/cCi9kGe.png

annali 05-18-2020 08:05 AM

I ran this and now my lovely eye of zomm is white again...but ran into spectres in Qeynos Aquaduct that have the Human model. Related?

Kaa 06-23-2020 01:54 PM

Hello,

Very excited for this but alas it isn't working for me. It says 'patch successful' in the batch file command prompt window but before that it says the following (to give one example, though it seems to do this in every case):

Making backup file veeshan_obj.s3d.old..
Access is denied.
0 files copied.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Everquest\veeshan_obj.s3d
Access is denied.
Patching veeshan_obj.s3d..
transpfx: Invalid input or no file found

At the top it merely says

transpfx: Invalid input or no file found

Am I doing something wrong? If I've missed something obvious or made a stupid mistake or whatever, please excuse my tech noobness

Thanks.

mcoy 06-23-2020 03:19 PM

run the batch from an admin command prompt. Since your install is in program files it's a "protected directory" so you need admin rights to modify files within it.

From like Windows 8 onward you can just right click the Start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin).

-Mcoy

Kaa 06-25-2020 05:23 PM

Done, thanks!

magusfire24 06-25-2020 05:24 PM

That is why some people install P99 somewhere outside of program files.

Kaa 07-02-2020 01:22 PM

Alright so I ran patch_s3d_textures in the administrator command prompt ('cmd', right click 'run as administrator') and also ran patch_s3d_textures.bat (the first time I forgot to add .bat to the command in the command prompt). Unfortunately my barbarian's helm horns still have black spots on them. Anyone else have this issue? I ran patch_s3d_textures.bat a second time later as well.

Just ran it again so I could post what shows up in the command prompt. For most of the entries (at least toward the end -- there are a lot of entries) it says something like the following:

Patching veeshan_obj.s3d..
veeshan_obj\nerbraz.bmp

There is one instance where it says something different from what I can see scrolling up:

Patching veeshan_chr.s3d..
transpfx: Multiple files encountered where only one was expected
Patch failed. Restoring old veeshan_chr.s3d..
1 file(s) copied.

Again please excuse my tech noobness and please accept my thanks for making this fix in the first place! (Whatever nitpicks I have aside I'm extremely grateful for the fix which seems perfect aside from this one small cosmetic issue)