Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Using a dot to kill, camping out before death to avoid faction hit question (/forums/showthread.php?t=339410)

Petrified Wood 11-03-2019 05:52 PM

Using a dot to kill, camping out before death to avoid faction hit question

As the title infers ~ I am curious what happens to a mob and their corpse if you camp out before their death, after doting them for the kill. Does the mobs corpse just poof away or does it fall to the ground having the poof timer to loot like normal? Just curious if anyone has tested this. This could be a well know method of killing for all I know, just never done it/read about it myself. Thanks for any response that's helpful, cheers!

Floppycat 11-03-2019 05:54 PM

Pretty sure when you camp or go LD all your spells wear off on any mobs.

Polixa 11-03-2019 05:55 PM

If it dies with no player having hurt it still in the zone, it poofs.

Petrified Wood 11-03-2019 06:06 PM

Ahh ok, I had that suspicion and was about to add that to the scenario above, only the person doting was killing it. Thanks for the quick reply and confirming what I was guessing. Shame though, might of been a new way for me to get some kills that I normally have to avoid hehe.

DMN 11-03-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrified Wood (Post 3012889)
Ahh ok, I had that suspicion and was about to add that to the scenario above, only the person doting was killing it. Thanks for the quick reply and confirming what I was guessing. Shame though, might of been a new way for me to get some kills that I normally have to avoid hehe.

Are you a necro? Cause you can kill without faction hits on them.

Petrified Wood 11-03-2019 06:22 PM

Nope, I am not a necromancer. I do have a druid so I guess in the scenario outlined above I was thinking about that class. I am curious what you mean by them not taking a faction hit. FD? Just pet attacking?

Swish 11-03-2019 06:24 PM

What are the mobs OP? If its a city faction, you can trash it and bank around the wall in most cities. As a druid you just need one city that can do things like food/drink/etc anyway ;)

I'm a typically evil faction player, and the faction issues aren't that limiting if you're used to them.

Baler 11-03-2019 06:24 PM

I remember zoning out to avoid faction hits back when I started and was duoing with a friend. Course I didn't get exp.

Petrified Wood 11-03-2019 06:26 PM

I did not actually have something specific in mind when asking. Was just a random thought that I was curious about is all. Does not harm/solve any real issue I was having. Thanks for the reply's though. :)

DMN 11-03-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrified Wood (Post 3012935)
Nope, I am not a necromancer. I do have a druid so I guess in the scenario outlined above I was thinking about that class. I am curious what you mean by them not taking a faction hit. FD? Just pet attacking?

I havent done it in sometime on my necro, but if i recall right, you had to back pet off, make sure the mob wwas dottted up, and stay FD before it dies.