Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Sunday, February 10th, 2019 (/forums/showthread.php?t=317067)

Rygar 02-12-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 2859593)
Oh come on. It’s funny because they’re bad.

Shhhh... you'll make Detoxx brag about their accomplishments followed by Fingurs claiming it was only accomplished through petitionquest.

Vilkata 02-12-2019 06:35 PM

Is Blackstone Maul going to be upgraded in the future?

Haynar 02-12-2019 11:07 PM

Hardcaps for AC likely needed for this era. Monks are OP.

Zanj 02-13-2019 01:19 AM

Did the IP exemptions get reset in this latest patch? I am unable to logon simultaneously with my wife.

Rygar 02-13-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 2860067)

Just recalling by memory, but would this be considered 'custom content'? I thought Demonstarr55 showed that soft caps were in place at the end of Velious (maybe I misunderstood his post).

Of course, I don't even quite understand if AC on P99 is properly functioning, seemed like something of a debate.

P.S. If I have your ear, would you ever consider limiting P99 to only opening 2 containers? I came across another post from Ele where you said it was possible to restrict moving items within bank bags, but that messing with the movement code was too dangerous (could cause dupes). Not sure if preventing opening a container is the same thing?

Raev 02-13-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 2860067)

289 AC hardcap is classic. But IMO that only helps monks who can then achieve identical AC to a plate tank while retaining Block (which is not 360 degree here I might add!).

I don't really consider Monks overpowered here in terms of pure fighting capabilities. My Warrior has substantially worse gear than my monk and yet blows him away in tanking ability, and Rogues always beat me effortlessly on the parse.

The problem with P99 monks is not pure offense/defense, but broken mechanics that are way too favorable to monks: all of the previously mentioned FD issues that let monks go anywhere with little risk, NPCs attacking probes, push to interrupt, and (before) the lack of a cap on the blinding orb. If these are fixed then I feel like the various melee would be pretty well balanced.

Then we just need the specific immunities patch to let player nukes and taps and dots land on raid bosses and I feel like things would be pretty reasonable, except for Wizards, and even they do OK with VP/Velk robes.

It would be really fantastic to see Project 1999 finally get some classic mechanics. On the other hand, I couldn't care less about multiple bags being open. Even TAKP's client lets you open more than one bag. Whatever.

AegnorP99 02-13-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raev (Post 2860628)
Then we just need the specific immunities patch to let player nukes and taps and dots land on raid bosses and I feel like things would be pretty reasonable, except for Wizards, and even they do OK with VP/Velk robes.

If you're gonna let every class nuke raid mobs, then wizards are gonna need something in return. I will accept the TAKP version of Flaming Sword of Xuzl (it's awesome over there) and spell crits as recompense.

Oleris 02-14-2019 04:58 PM

Hammered Loops are now no drop with the patch.

Anything else confirmed to change?

d-tron 02-14-2019 07:41 PM

Patch says speed of the shissar updated to 30 mins but it's still < 20 mins.

Sadiki 02-15-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygar (Post 2860232)
P.S. If I have your ear, would you ever consider limiting P99 to only opening 2 containers?

P99 purposefully uses a non-classic interface.

Why would you even want this? Christ.