Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Have you ever cried (literally shed tears) over Everquest or other video games? (/forums/showthread.php?t=288645)

mefdinkins 01-12-2018 05:15 PM

Have you ever cried (literally shed tears) over Everquest or other video games?

I've been noticing on RNF that there are many accusations of "crying" or individuals reveling in their adversary's tears. A quick search shows that there's hundreds and hundreds of posts on P99 forums with the word tear. Sure some related to child's tear, doze tears, but they're mostly about people crying.

Exhibit A
Search: Keyword(s): tear
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.17 seconds.

So let's be honest, have you ever cried over a video game?

Xap 01-12-2018 05:19 PM

My younger brother got done with the old 'pay me now, item is in the bank' scam in EC circa 2001. I'm 99% sure he cried over that lost Lamentation.

skarlorn 01-12-2018 05:21 PM

I have cried every time Swish posted a cutting remark about BDA.

maskedmelon 01-12-2018 05:25 PM

i have cried over EQ once. cried over people lotta times and cried over stories in games a couple times. im a crier. deal with it.

Mead 01-12-2018 05:39 PM

I cry every time someone capitalizes on the opportunity to inflict tears before me

mefdinkins 01-12-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2637550)
OP is mad

You sad.
https://i.imgur.com/qJqWbPP.gif

Lulz~Sect 01-12-2018 05:52 PM

https://i.imgur.com/WTSAq77.gif

maskedmelon 01-12-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NecroP99 (Post 2637569)
Need details

There were some times in Ultima Online where I was brought to near tears but I am not sure I ever actually let one shed. If you think EQ scamming was bad LOL try UO circa 1999. Scamming/griefing was basically fully sanctioned and promoted by GMs. "Git gud" defines the time very well

the time EQ made me cry was very early in my elf career. i had been trying to get out of level 11 for liek a long time in CB and was only allowed to play an hour a
night (my parents weren't sure that i wasn't inadvertently worshiping the devil or being seduced to evil by th wandering eye on the chanter class symbol thingy). anyway, this
night i got some extra time and the stars aligned and i found a group too and got 2.5 bubs (yellow of course, blue weren't implemented). I had been notified (several times ^^;) that my time was up, so I made my way to kelethin to camp. It was slow because I was super encumbered with bags full of cloth armor and rusty weapons, but I made it.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to sell now or not. i was suppose to get off the puter and i HATED the lift. I played on dial up with a k6 266 48mb ram and a voodoo 3 vidya card. I lagged liek a bitch all the time and had fallen THROUGH the lift more than once. well, i decided to risk it and.. i fell through the lift and died. it sucked, but i didn't youth oh well, it happens sometimes, im still ahead on xp and am not lagging now, so I can sell... hop on ththe lift and... fell through again.

honestly can't remember if I tried once more or if that was it, I think i actually tried a third time with the same result. the i remember very clearly however that i lost all the xps that i had earned and would hafta spend my next play session (all 1hr of it) trekking to felwiith to sell my stuff and then back to kelethin to park since i wouldn't have time to look for a group after that.

the times people have made me cry on EQ and other online games include one when people were douches and just wouldn't leave me alone, but mostly just when people were super nice to me.

for game stories, most recent was when Nanamo died in FFXIV.

Lulz~Sect 01-12-2018 07:11 PM

I am not surprised that a dewd that liek posts liek this^ has cried over a vidya

(also didn’t read)

Barkingturtle 01-12-2018 07:41 PM

I once tapped my nuts with a wiimote nunchaku.