Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Recent zone loading freezes, crashes, & failure to connect to server (/forums/showthread.php?t=251917)

Vitrophyre 09-03-2016 06:51 PM

Recent zone loading freezes, crashes, & failure to connect to server

I've been having serious issues the past couple days with freezing during zone loading/extremely long loading time, crashes during loading, and at least a 10min multiple failure to reconnect to server/login. Anyone else having these issues? Will be reinstalling tonight.

Nilstoniakrath 09-03-2016 08:10 PM

Yes, been having these issues the last three days now. Sometimes hangs on log in, sometimes server screen blank, sometimes says no internet connection (even though I have no problems surfing the net), sometimes times out, sometimes freezes on char select screen, sometimes it tells me my patch files are out of date (so I re-load), etc.

I also crash when zoning, a lot.

Abner 09-03-2016 08:20 PM

Me too. I locked up zoning and have been trying to get back in for like a half hour.

Another thread in the wrong forum stated that everyone with the issue seems to be an ATT customer. I am as well.

Vitrophyre 09-03-2016 08:42 PM

What the hell!? I'm AT&T too!

Anyone know what's going on here?

Vitrophyre 09-03-2016 11:09 PM

Update: Reinstalled game, acted fine for ~5 zone loads, then crashed again. Switched to my iPad wifi with Verizon and it's been great ever since.

If you're having this issue, please post here so the admins can see and escalate.

Thanks,

MiRo2 09-04-2016 12:07 AM

Ensure that you aren't streaming anything, or using anything that takes up bandwidth. I get the same locking up when zoning or loading log in screen, when my youtube loads the next video, or I am watching netflix.

Nilstoniakrath 09-04-2016 12:25 AM

Not doing anything else online, such as YouTube, still crash randomly and often, over the last three days... even before the xp bonus kicked in

Merekai 09-04-2016 02:37 AM

I'm also having terrible problems with this issue, even when the client is the only thing I have open.

Vitrophyre 09-04-2016 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiRo2 (Post 2352561)
Ensure that you aren't streaming anything, or using anything that takes up bandwidth. I get the same locking up when zoning or loading log in screen, when my youtube loads the next video, or I am watching netflix.

No changes in game play operations over the past 6 months. I run a solid rig with nothing in the background. This is either a virus, internet, or server issue. My McAfee provided by AT&T comes up clean.

I find it very interesting one user says AT&T customers are having this problem. I've had AT&T for years, 140gb of 600gb usage for month, and have never had problems like this.

If you're in the field and might have some insight, please speak up.

LexPD1145 09-04-2016 08:38 AM

Same Issues

This has just started for me last couple days. I have all the same issues and using Att home internet as well. During some parts of the day its ok, other times its really unplayable. I have played for ages before with no issues, if I switch to my Verizon mobile data, which is limited, all the issues go away.