Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Not sure where to post this (/forums/showthread.php?t=4133)

zbug 03-11-2010 06:28 AM

Not sure where to post this

Dear all,

i would like to setup a private server. please dont get me wrong it wont be public, its gonna be lan based. it will be a surprise setup that i would like to do.

we are 5 of us that used to play non stop back in the days and we have not seen each other for about 6 years now. ( we all live in Kuwait) and we are all going to gather at my place soon. i would like to setup a lan EQ with 5 computers. and have them login and play together. it would mean so much to me if anyone can help me out here. i read alot online and tried a few things with no luck.

can anyone please help ? would anyone be willing to make a image with everything setup and running?

im begging you :)

thanks!

hope to hear from you !

you can email me directly if needed cptzbug@gmail.com

Thank you all !!! thank you!

Kintor 03-11-2010 06:46 AM

Eqemulator.net is what you are looking for.

zbug 03-11-2010 07:14 AM

thanks man, but i cant seem to figure it out :(

Klanghin 03-11-2010 08:32 AM

Just play with them on p1999 server, isnt that more fun anyway playing not in a ghost-world?

Aeolwind 03-11-2010 11:08 AM

PEQ has a server repack as does AXClassic. It's a self contained package that has everything you need. You can use those to setup a private lan if you so choose.

The database however, will be lacking. Both have extremely non-classic and custom elements.

Jeebus 03-11-2010 01:10 PM

I always thought that a private EQ server set up well on a LAN would be a good "D&D" world. If you're a big nerd like me =)

GM could easily set up events like D&D sessions and your players can play through the adventures. Not a bad idea imo.

karsten 03-11-2010 01:35 PM

yes because why play a game that takes a long time to get set up in with 300 people when you can do it with 5 in the privacy of your own home!

Aaron 03-11-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeebus (Post 28868)
I always thought that a private EQ server set up well on a LAN would be a good "D&D" world. If you're a big nerd like me =)

GM could easily set up events like D&D sessions and your players can play through the adventures. Not a bad idea imo.

Not nearly as good as something like Neverwinter Nights or a similar platform though.

Scrubby McGee 03-11-2010 02:10 PM

Honestly, with 5 people playing a group oriented game, you should give DDO a try. It's based on micropayments now, so you can try out a lot of the lower level stuff for free and buy modules/expansions if you like the game.

Jeebus 03-11-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 28888)
Not nearly as good as something like Neverwinter Nights or a similar platform though.

Never really cared for NWN platform personally. but to each his own