Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Professor (/forums/showthread.php?t=4576)

Professor 03-20-2010 10:19 PM

Professor

Well Rogean has served me with a gag-order. I truly enjoyed dispensing bits of EQ lore and wisdom, and the many /tells i received thanking me for improving the quality of /ooc, plus the fact that i know I put a smile on many faces is reward enough for me.

Most of the things I had to say are obviously not anything anyone doesn't already know, but sometimes it's nice to have your memory refreshed or actually learn something interesting of the little known lore of a lesser traveled zone. Quite a few people enjoyed what I had to say, and my intent never was to grief anyone, disrupt /ooc or to degrade the gameplay of this server in any way.

The haters are simply immature assholes who think the world revolves around them, and unless you look talk and act like them, you are made fun of.

Even though I know in my heart of hearts that Professor did nothing to deserve being silenced, and indeed did the opposite by bringing back some memories for some, educated others, and provoked some interesting discussions in /ooc about race/class combos for example, I accept the ruling of the Owners of the server because i have no choice.

Thank you for allowing the Professor to liven up chat for a couple days. it was fun while it lasted.

Thank you. Class is Dismissed.

anthony210 03-20-2010 10:48 PM

Even though you werent spamming sex stories you were still spamming and that shit needs to stop.

Finawin 03-20-2010 11:41 PM

He wasn't spamming.

I appreciated it. People are such fucking whiny twats on this server it's unreal to think of how they deal with even minor inconveniences out in the real world, if at all.

Penoy needs a punch in the face. Not this guy.

Transient 03-20-2010 11:55 PM

Annoying? not really. Obstructive of regular chat functions to the point that I have to put you on /ignore temporarily? Yes.

Clinicus 03-20-2010 11:58 PM

I was a Professor fan.

Phildorex 03-21-2010 12:27 AM

I didn't complain, but still found "professor" to be annoying. A spammer is a spammer. Good riddance.

FatMagic 03-21-2010 12:27 AM

I was a professor fan. Give him his own channel that we can tune into.

fastboy21 03-21-2010 12:30 AM

I like to watch my dog play with his own crap...that doesn't mean it's appropriate.

What Professor was doing was clearly inappropriate for /ooc...even though I enjoyed reading what he had to say. Blocks of text with random information, mostly plagiarized from other sources, filling up the /ooc windows of 450 people on the server at once is clearly not the stated appropriate use of /ooc.

Its kinda funny how some people in this thread don't (can't ???) understand this.

Virtuosos 03-21-2010 12:37 AM

its funny how people rather read spam about dumb shit like "POT OR BEER: DISCUSS!!" or other immature stuff than interesting stuff

a 3 lined message isnt the way to go about it, granted, but atleast his messages had substance rather than "kunark is the greatest eq expansion"

Hasbinbad 03-21-2010 12:42 AM

Who is professor?