Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Spells: "Spell did not take hold" when healing (/forums/showthread.php?t=4583)

Clinicus 03-20-2010 11:56 PM

"Spell did not take hold" when healing

I've only had this happen a couple of times, but as a healer it's pretty scary so I thought I better report it.

It's happened twice that I can remember, both times with the Lesser Healing spell. Once I was duoing with a warrior, another time was with a full group. It casts, and consumes mana, but gives me a spell did not take hold message, and does not heal the target. Both times it only happened for one encounter. Once the mob was dead, the problem went away.

Let me know if there are any more specifics you need. I played a cleric for years on live and I don't remember having this problem before.

Dabamf 03-21-2010 09:14 AM

Are you switching targets and immediately casting? I had that problem with twitch because I'd swap to my /tar cleric hotbar, hit a target macro and immediately cast the spell. It never happened again after I waited 1/2 a second before casting.

Clinicus 03-21-2010 06:16 PM

No, nothing to do with switching targets. The times it has happened I've been on the same target the whole time, the tank. It didn't seem to be lag related as I had no other lag related issues at the time. It seems odd to me that the problem cleared itself up as soon as the target died.