Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Procs for spell effects (/forums/showthread.php?t=382425)

rjw513 04-11-2021 09:35 PM

Procs for spell effects

Does DEX affect procs for spells effects like shroud of death or vampiric embrace like it does for weapon procs? If not does anything affect its proc rate?

In addition for SK, does Rest the dead check CHA like Lull does for Paladin? Or does it check anything else??

Thanks all...wtb blood ember boots btw :)

kaev 04-11-2021 09:55 PM

afaik nothing affects the frequency of procs from buffs. Divine Might attempted to break my roots ~ 1/min regardless my dex at the time.

Snaggles 04-11-2021 11:25 PM

Also no on the cha check. Animal/undead lulls and charm are just a mr and level check (plus the random dice roll).

strongNpretty 06-07-2021 02:10 PM

Im'a piggy back on this thead for a sec. Looted a-

https://wiki.project1999.com/Luminary_Two_Handed_Sword

Neat little toy.. But tryin to figure out who it should go to-

-Evil Warrior to help make a few extra golds when selling?
-Shadowknight to help with those Undead Lulls (secondary question- Do SK's use CHA for that line of spells?

Thanks folks!

Jimjam 06-07-2021 02:19 PM

I don’t think the vs animal or vs undead or vs summoned mind influence spells have a charisma component.

strongNpretty 06-07-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3318723)
I don’t think the vs animal or vs undead or vs summoned mind influence spells have a charisma component.

Oh fantastic... So the best use of this sword would be to place it on the character who is hated the most, yeah? Or is there a use to this sword i'm missing?

SlankyLanky 06-07-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongNpretty (Post 3318730)
Oh fantastic... So the best use of this sword would be to place it on the character who is hated the most, yeah? Or is there a use to this sword i'm missing?

its a useful weapon for a paladin to equip it, hit a green mob till it procs, then bag it for the extra cha when needing to split up a room. dwarf paladins have pretty awful cha if you dont dump in any at char creation, so its worth it to me to have one less bag slot for basically a free cha buff that can mean the difference between a crit lull and me wiping or landing a lull and being fine.