Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   So... How classic do you want it? (/forums/showthread.php?t=334391)

Jibartik 09-22-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splade (Post 2965630)
This is my main argument when people being up the "not classic" argument. It's best to leave the stupid shit out of the game. Everyone's stoked about having to stare at a spellbook, I'll be amazed to see how they feel 2-3 weeks after the server launches and they the nostalgia of spending 80% of their time staring at a goddamn blank screen wears off

As I read this I was like, YEA! Then i remembered I was meditating and clicked back over to my screen and was like, oh yeah if this was black I wouldn't have even noticed.

That said, it may make the game LESS immersive, if we're always watching youtube while we meditate.

JUST SAYING :cool: sometimes its nice to look at your halfling partymembers faces........ :o

Zeboim 09-22-2019 12:55 PM

I'm fine with it existing and can live with it personally, but I think we just have to accept that its probably going to kill off the P99-curious newcomers and cull a lot of the population. The question is, is that a good thing, a bad one, or an acceptable sacrifice on the altar of classic?

Jibartik 09-22-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyph (Post 2965649)
My two cents, the spell book med window is unnecessary and was eventually removed. Let's be done with it (and not have it).

Im literally a fan of every argument in this discussion. :(

soronil 09-22-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 2965631)
So this is 2 bag limit, 6 buttons, +socials window & Inventory being open during open world play. Anything less than this and I think it would be less fun for the sake of authenticity.

For me, this is where I think it's a good compromise for UI. If one could use any resolution, and keep all these windows up in open world play, have inventory up and the social window. I dont think the inventory is classic though, or the social window for that matter :( and I think without it I'd be sad. But Oh well.

https://i.imgur.com/C1JegWw.png

You should /viewport to 4x3 so that your not getting the top and bottom chopped off your world view. (I prefer this even if not trying to be classic. Much easier to see what is going on. Most people playing widescreen don't understand the server hard limits the view width so that widescreen is disadvantagous).

Then you can move UI elements to the side bar(s) more similar to the feel of the stone ui vs the transparent elements

Fammaden 09-22-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyph (Post 2965649)
My two cents, the spell book med window is unnecessary and was eventually removed. Let's be done with it (and not have it).

Its a valid opinion and suggestion, but they've already shown its not their vision. Otherwise they would simply not include guise/manastone at all and hybrid penalties would not exist. If you are going to go in the hardcore direction, go as far as you can. We should all be glad that so far they aren't planning to enforce full screen and making tabbing out windowed mode programs a bannable offense.

Kinaki 09-22-2019 01:09 PM

While you're at it, eliminate the wiki and reseed all mob abilities/drops. Classic ain't classic.

El-Hefe 09-22-2019 01:12 PM

Weed the men out from the boys.

There are going waaaaaaayy too many people playing at launch anyway, if some people are turned off by the Classic server being too classic that’s great.

Wurl 09-22-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El-Hefe (Post 2965665)
Weed the men out from the boys.

Hell yeah, there's NOTHING more masculine than staring at a blank screen for 300 hours. Get on our level, children.

ldgo86 09-22-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinaki (Post 2965664)
eliminate the wiki.

*sad loramin noises*

bwe 09-22-2019 01:37 PM

So will racial hide be way more valuable now