Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Druid race query (/forums/showthread.php?t=277521)

nina 07-12-2017 10:53 PM

Druid race query

So I'm seeing a ton of hobbit druids and a fair few elfy ones too. I'm not keen on human due to not awesome see in the dark vision and was wondering...
Apart from hairy feet and hobbit holes, is the halfling a better choice or is wood elf be better OR is there really difference?
Thoughts and advice plz

Heavydrop 07-12-2017 11:18 PM

There is some gear that human druids can use that others cannot, but nothing really noteworthy.

Personally, I prefer wood elf for the looks, and that I play mostly in 3rd person view and wood elf suits me the best.

Other than that, I doubt there is any real significant difference.

Half-Elves have the worst starting wisdom cap, but with gear none of that really matters.

loramin 07-12-2017 11:24 PM

Halflings have a racial power that puts them head and shoulders above (not literally of course) humans, elves, and half-elves. That power is a +5% bonus to XP.

Also they get sneak, but personally I never use it.

Nycon43 07-13-2017 12:15 AM

Tunare druids get some nice clickies, something to think about.

fash 07-13-2017 01:26 AM

Halflings get sneak, which is useful for selling to dubious merchants, sneaking through a zone e.g. up the walkway in velks, etc.

Wood Elves have access to some decent Tunare only items e.g. http://wiki.project1999.com/Gloves_of_Earthcrafting

Humans have access to http://wiki.project1999.com/Robe_of_the_Azure_Sky , but that requires playing full neckbeard mode.

Ravager 07-13-2017 01:47 PM

Tunare Druids can quest an unlimited clicky root necklace at like level 30. The only reason to go halfling is for sneak.

Some halfling druids will talk about how incredibly useful that is for getting around dungeons without help, and I imagine it is, but how often does a druid need to get around alone in a dungeon? Most PUGs will clear a path for new members and raids will CoTH people. Sneak can be used to vendor and bank in places they ordinarily wouldn't be able to, but what's the point of that when they can port?

Now compare how often you'd use Sneak to how often you'd cast Root. I'd go with a Tunare race, and Wood Elf comes with Hide.

Tupakk 07-13-2017 01:52 PM

Best exp in the game from halflings. No other race is wortth it.

Sorn 07-13-2017 02:04 PM

The Kelethin theme music is far superior to the Rivervale one. Also, root clicky.

Nothing beats NOT being crotch height to pretty much every other race in the game, though.

gildor 07-13-2017 02:22 PM

root clicky is win....

Vallanor 07-13-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caiu (Post 2555127)
Only humans can display robes properly. Do the right thing.

Correct response.