Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   PvP 2.0 ruleset (/forums/showthread.php?t=391244)

pink grapefruit 09-07-2021 01:20 AM

PvP 2.0 ruleset

The idea for green server rolling into blue and resetting was a genius idea. This reset idea could be used for the new pvp server, too. New servers and fresh starts get people excited to nerd out in EQ again. Having the server merge into red at the end date and start over again would be fine, but every x many years we really do need a brand new pvp server.

Some people have been talking about level-locked progression. As a super casual player, that sounds fantastic. I'm all for this idea, but wonder how it would work for the expansions. Kunark you could start the level locks again every 1-2 levels, but then what for Velious??

I like the idea of resetting the server right after the Sleeper is awoken and goes on the fun rampage. Could create some interesting pvp or guild politics if the stakes are that high, and it gives the players some control over their own destiny.

If we do get teams I hope the devs ensure they make some sense within roleplay context. Maybe do 2 teams SZ style, with neutral chars being able to go either good or evil. And let human, erudite, and gnome necros and SKs worship sol ro, if such a thing is possible.. That would give both teams every class.

Tunabros 09-07-2021 01:58 AM

dont care. didn't read.

hope this helps

Imago 09-07-2021 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink grapefruit (Post 3358018)
The idea for green server rolling into blue and resetting was a genius idea. This reset idea could be used for the new pvp server, too. New servers and fresh starts get people excited to nerd out in EQ again. Having the server merge into red at the end date and start over again would be fine, but every x many years we really do need a brand new pvp server.

Some people have been talking about level-locked progression. As a super casual player, that sounds fantastic. I'm all for this idea, but wonder how it would work for the expansions.

Classic only for 7 months - 1 month at 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 all the way up to 60, and 1 extra month at 60.

Kunark unlocks after 7 months with 2 months w/o VP and 2 months w/ VP.

Velious comes out for 7 months with no alterations for an 18 month timeline - and then is sent to Red 1.0. ST will likely be unlocked during these 7 months by sweaty beards, but after a short period of time it wont matter.

This would be a ton of fun as you couldn't expect loot for your class within a certain expansion window and get cranky about it, yet it is very much still worth fighting for zone control when mobs are due (8 respawns of VP total in era is definitely worth dying for). Could be lots of tears but lots of fun. Isn't that what we want?

Disease 09-07-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imago (Post 3358046)
Classic only for 7 months - 1 month at 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 all the way up to 60, and 1 extra month at 60.

Kunark unlocks after 7 months with 2 months w/o VP and 2 months w/ VP.

Velious comes out for 7 months with no alterations for an 18 month timeline - and then is sent to Red 1.0. ST will likely be unlocked during these 7 months by sweaty beards, but after a short period of time it wont matter.

This would be a ton of fun as you couldn't expect loot for your class within a certain expansion window and get cranky about it, yet it is very much still worth fighting for zone control when mobs are due (8 respawns of VP total in era is definitely worth dying for). Could be lots of tears but lots of fun. Isn't that what we want?

Jesus that sounds great. Could you send me your spreadsheets and maybe some signatures and I will rush them over to Rogean.

starkind 09-07-2021 09:15 AM

for velious i would just release it zone by zone, starting with iceclad, one month moving on to tofs next month, ew next month, gd next etc launch kael and thurgadin simultanously AFTER GD

so IC>TOFS>EW>CC>GD>Kealand THurg>Velks>WW>Skyshrine>etc

legacy items never in or always in (no time limits)

every month should unlock 10 levels. in kunakr every two weeks should unlock 2 levels

Gustoo 09-07-2021 10:31 AM

All concepts approved, can't wait to see the implementation.

Baler 09-07-2021 02:03 PM

There is a wow server that did 10 level progression and it was very well received, it actually gained population instead of losing it.

A twist on what Imago suggested, start with the level cap being 10 then raise it by 10 every month til 50. Then release Kunark 1 month following that. Then do 3 months of kunark & 4 months of velious progressively. This would put the server on a 1 year schedule from start to finish.

I'd like to see teams, I believe it would get more warm bodies in the field. Heck even add teams ooc.

Gustoo 09-07-2021 02:24 PM

Teams OOC maybe okay because not a lot of incentive to shit on each other.

The slower the level caps raise, the better IMO.

Since we're emulating everquest it makes sense to emulate a more human progression speed that allows the level 1-49 game to actually exist rather than be ignored in favor of getting to high value loot.

pink grapefruit 09-07-2021 02:30 PM

Teams ooc would be okay as long as we could still communicate with the other team(s). Shout, auction, say, etc. being crossteam, though maybe not serverwide.

I was so mad when I got wow with my nerd irl friends and you couldn't even talk to half the damn server.

Gustoo 09-07-2021 03:03 PM

Yeah. Wow is dumb. But OOC globally is dumb on everquest.

Global Teams OOC might be OK. otherwise normal communication.