Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   General Beta Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Future Expansion Ideas (/forums/showthread.php?t=253935)

derka 09-22-2016 11:09 PM

Future Expansion Ideas

I've heard a rumor going around that Omens of War might be added as the next expansion in the near future. I really hope that this is not true. OoW and Gates of Discord were the worst, out there, unrelated expansions I experienced during my days playing EQ from 1999 until 2005.

If any expansion should be added it should be PoP, Luclin or at least Dungeons of Norrath. These expansions really helped the game become more group oriented making it more fun, PoP especially. If there would be anything that would create more groups and raiding it would be PoP or LDoN and that is what EQ is really all about-a community of players that rely on each other to explore and have fun in a world of wonder and danger. Not to mention the content in each provided specific enhancements to each class.

PS-AAs would change everything and you would most likely see a high jump in population on the Test server as this was huge back in the day.

Detoxx 09-23-2016 08:39 AM

Wut?

Daldaen 09-23-2016 09:49 AM

I don't understand...

OoW and GoD were incredible expansions... But one does not simply jump from Level 60 with no AA content into content tuned for level 70s with 400-500 AAs...

If anything Luclin would be up next, and then PoP.

Haynar 09-23-2016 09:52 AM

No new expansion plans that I know of.

Dunno where these rumors come from.

Bummey 09-23-2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derka (Post 2365603)
I've heard a rumor going around that Omens of War might be added as the next expansion in the near future. I really hope that this is not true. OoW and Gates of Discord were the worst, out there, unrelated expansions I experienced during my days playing EQ from 1999 until 2005.

Omens owned, hard style. You had to be in a top level raiding guild to really appreciate it, though, as much of the content was ludicrously difficult and beyond the capability of group-level equipment.

Fuckin' Chaos Claws, man. Even trash could thrash.

Nirgon 09-23-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 2365839)
No new expansion plans that I know of.

Dunno where these rumors come from.

When you find out where they come from, its too late. You've already lost it by then.

Doors 09-24-2016 12:19 AM

Very true nirgon. Very tru.

Shift 09-24-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derka (Post 2365603)

If any expansion should be added it should be PoP, Luclin or at least Dungeons of Norrath. These expansions really helped the game become more group oriented making it more fun, PoP especially. If there would be anything that would create more groups and raiding it would be PoP or LDoN and that is what EQ is really all about-a community of players that rely on each other to explore and have fun in a world of wonder and danger. Not to mention the content in each provided specific enhancements to each class.

PS-AAs would change everything and you would most likely see a high jump in population on the Test server as this was huge back in the day.

how is that the worst Beastlords Aa's and Omens or Discord is when the best class in eq history was introduced Berserker Zerkers!!!

elwing 09-27-2016 04:26 AM

No new expack, just some added good zones from newer expansions... PoP as some really nice zone that we could use, but please, no Pok/Pot and bazaar...

mickmoranis 10-06-2016 02:19 PM

http://i.imgur.com/HcxtDre.png