Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Medding while running (/forums/showthread.php?t=390945)

unsunghero 09-01-2021 11:39 PM

Medding while running

Look for the mana pulse, immediately stand up and run while counting to 5, sit for the next pulse. Repeat. Medding while running, no different than medding while sitting

I really appreciate people on the forums mentioning this to me, now it's something I find myself doing more and more. Haven't quite gotten to where I don't need to count to myself yet though, but I'm sure many of you all have

I'm almost wondering if I can find a simple 3rd party program which can time out the pulses for me?

Jibartik 09-02-2021 12:06 AM

I do it without even thinking, after i see the tick I just count one to three four fivvvee-- and tap my sit hotkey with my ring finger.

I used to have a gambosoft timer that would speed down 5.5 seconds and made a hotkey to trigger it and sit at the same time but it's just second nature for me now

unsunghero 09-02-2021 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 3355564)
I used to have a gambosoft timer that would speed down 5.5 seconds and made a hotkey to trigger it and sit at the same time but it's just second nature for me now

ooh is this something that's ok to have/use? This sounds helpful until it becomes second nature

Zuranthium 09-02-2021 07:25 AM

I've never used any kind of outside program for EQ, but in this day and age if I really wanted to play, I'd probably look into it (if allowed). Catching every med tick is so tedious (and makes no sense from a roleplaying perspective), but important. I really wish Meditate functioned differently - giving overall faster mana regen than it currently does, but only giving the mana boost per every 30 seconds of continuous meditating. Would be much nicer gameplay like that.

eqravenprince 09-02-2021 03:29 PM

Anyone else find this retarded. This is as bad as binding wound while fighting. They somehow fixed that.

Tunabros 09-02-2021 03:34 PM

imagine playing eq while giving yourself a seizure by waiting for "pulses"

like fuck man, just play the game

Toxigen 09-02-2021 03:35 PM

this is weaponized autism

branamil 09-02-2021 03:53 PM

Or just run to your destination, then med all at once? Maybe take a shit while you med like a normal person instead of hopping up and down like a spaz?

Jibartik 09-02-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 3355841)
Anyone else find this retarded.

Its game changing.

Like, say you are going from one raid to another and you're oom, if you do this, you literally kep the pace with peopel sow'ed infront of you, and you are FM when you get there.

Mana is meaningless to those that have mastered this skill. It's like having theft of thought on any class.

I mean druids kite without doing this? I cant imagine.

Baler 09-02-2021 04:06 PM

The way P99 server and titanium function does not accurately resemble classic meditation.

I would even go as far to say that P99's meditation tick code is more aggressive in losing a tick than it was on live back in the 56k days.
Meaning, you sit for a tick (6 seconds local to the server) and stand up right after the tick. You'll lose your mana as if you weren't sitting.