Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Raiding guilds per time zone and loot rules (/forums/showthread.php?t=351039)

Anxarcule 02-24-2020 02:23 AM

Raiding guilds per time zone and loot rules

I'm approaching the final (classic) hell level of 45 and would like to take part in raiding - more likely clearing fear trash for potential class armor (Wiz) but possibly also more involved raids depending on time allowance.

I'm located in GMT+2 and I hear that guilds have a rotation of sorts, so ideally I'd like to find an EU based guild that raids in the evening - gone are the days I can pop on whenever I like so I need to plan accordingly.

Also in general how do loot rules work in raiding situations? Last time I raided was in red and it was pretty laid back, but I remember hearing horror stories about blue (this was back in 2015). I imagine every guild is different, but that would probably be a deciding factor for me as I can't sit around for six hours doing nothing to gain points to be spent on raid gear - not knocking that system, just being realistic with what I'll be able to commit to

TheDudeAbides 02-24-2020 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anxarcule (Post 3089719)
I'm approaching the final (classic) hell level of 45 and would like to take part in raiding - more likely clearing fear trash for potential class armor (Wiz) but possibly also more involved raids depending on time allowance.

I'm located in GMT+2 and I hear that guilds have a rotation of sorts, so ideally I'd like to find an EU based guild that raids in the evening - gone are the days I can pop on whenever I like so I need to plan accordingly.

Also in general how do loot rules work in raiding situations? Last time I raided was in red and it was pretty laid back, but I remember hearing horror stories about blue (this was back in 2015). I imagine every guild is different, but that would probably be a deciding factor for me as I can't sit around for six hours doing nothing to gain points to be spent on raid gear - not knocking that system, just being realistic with what I'll be able to commit to

It doesn't matter what time zone you are in

Classic EQ Raiding is 24/7

The Boss spawns at 3AM and you have to get up in 2 hours to go work? TOO BAD

Bat Phone is ringing and you better get your ass up and login or you won't last long in a P99 "Raid Guild"

P.S. Buy a clean pair of socks

eqagent1 02-24-2020 02:56 AM

Check out <Lineage>. A lot of our scheduled events are catering to european hours.

Wednesday 6pm EST Fire Giants
Friday 10am EST Fire Giants
Saturday 10am EST Phinny or Swirlspine Guardians
Sunday 10am EST Phinny

1 Weekly rotated fear day which currently alternates between Wed and Fri. 24 hours. 3 clears. All hours.

Loot is DKP. DKP points are awarded hourly for attending raids. Other DKP award bonuses apply to extra hard workers.

Applications are 15 days or until you reach level 46. Whichever period is longer. Applications are handled directly in our guilds discord. discord.gg/jrY7MpV

silo32 02-24-2020 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides (Post 3089721)

Bat Phone is ringing and you better get your ass up and login or you won't last long in a P99 "Raid Guild"

lots of this... people pushing timers back, multiple fear clears a day, racing to dragon spawns and having gm's baby sit everyone

timers were decent then next thing you know your raiding at 3-4am and you have work at 7-8

your gonna be on call or sacked in dkp so deep

gnomishfirework 02-24-2020 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqagent1 (Post 3089725)
Check out <Lineage>. A lot of our scheduled events are catering to european hours.

(Redacted)

1 Weekly rotated fear day which currently alternates between Wed and Fri. 24 hours. 3 clears. All hours.

Loot is DKP. DKP points are awarded hourly for attending raids. Other DKP award bonuses apply to extra hard workers.

Applications are 15 days or until you reach level 46. Whichever period is longer. Applications are handled directly in our guilds discord. discord.gg/jrY7MpV

Did you just seriously post times for Phinny and giants?

Lol.

<Guildless> gonna like that.

Fammaden 02-24-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnomishfirework (Post 3089757)
Did you just seriously post times for Phinny and giants?

Lol.

<Guildless> gonna like that.

Holy shit the Rosetta stone! These times would previously have been impossible for anyone outside the rotation to determine!

Yorkshire 02-24-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides (Post 3089721)

Someone care to explain Bat Phone? I'm just curious.

Zeboim 02-24-2020 12:03 PM

Don't do it

The raiding scene on this server is fucking cancer. Unless you wanna spend hours just to get trained and miss the kill or have people just blatantly ignore any rules or agreements because of MUH PIXELS - don't. There are about 300 too many people on the top end of this server for there to be any kind of decent scene going.

YendorLootmonkey 02-24-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire (Post 3089811)
Someone care to explain Bat Phone? I'm just curious.

A process by which you are on-call 24/7 to play a video game as a 2nd (or in some cases, 1st) job. Involves setting up an audible notification on Discord or Twitter or some other platform a guild uses to alert their members to wake up and log on.

Like sending out the Bat Signal when you want Batman to show up. Except in this case the Bat Signal is a phone notification, and Batman is a group of alpha gamers.

drackgon 02-24-2020 01:04 PM

Apply to kingdom @kingdomdkp.com
We could use you at any time zone raids.