Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Is there any way to change the email address associated with my forum account? (/forums/showthread.php?t=334704)

NextToTheGods 09-26-2019 03:54 AM

Is there any way to change the email address associated with my forum account?

Or am I just sol?
Using the change email address function gives me this error ”The ability to change email addresses is currently disabled.” Dunno if this is temporary or just the permanent state of things.

Shrubwise 09-26-2019 07:10 AM

It's been that way for many years now with no signs of improvement

Lhord99 09-26-2019 02:55 PM

SOL - my main account was made on a foreign email when I worked overseas.

I thought I would forever bask in the endless wine flowing across continental Europe. Why would I ever leave my fatty paycheck and jet-setter lifestyle? Then... a child was brought forth as a seed from my fertile loins.

Alas, I'm back in Seattle. Middle class, wrist deep in feces, without access to said foreign e-mail, and a foreign IT staff uninterested in helping me recover/forward emails regarding elf pixels.

Deathrydar 09-26-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhord99 (Post 2969112)
SOL - my main account was made on a foreign email when I worked overseas.

I thought I would forever bask in the endless wine flowing across continental Europe. Why would I ever leave my fatty paycheck and jet-setter lifestyle? Then... a child was brought forth as a seed from my fertile loins.

Alas, I'm back in Seattle. Middle class, wrist deep in feces, without access to said foreign e-mail, and a foreign IT staff uninterested in helping me recover/forward emails regarding elf pixels.

None of the P1999 staff can help you?

Lhord99 09-26-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathrydar (Post 2969115)
None of the P1999 staff can help you?

Direct quote was a legitimate and sincere "Sorry," which was followed by something to the tune of "I hope you understand why we cannot help in this process."

It sucks. But, like, I don't share account info with anyone, and I'm never going to forget my login info (saved into 'Notes' on phone, in case I get whacked in the head by a Thomas the Toy Engine, or a Lincoln Log, or something).

TL;DR. To preserve the integrity of the server, we should deal with the rules!

Deathrydar 09-26-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhord99 (Post 2969147)
Direct quote was a legitimate and sincere "Sorry," which was followed by something to the tune of "I hope you understand why we cannot help in this process."

It sucks. But, like, I don't share account info with anyone, and I'm never going to forget my login info (saved into 'Notes' on phone, in case I get whacked in the head by a Thomas the Toy Engine, or a Lincoln Log, or something).

TL;DR. To preserve the integrity of the server, we should deal with the rules!

That really sucks. I'm sorry! :(